• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tired of feeling hungry.......

reema

Hi guys well I'm 7months post op and i am losing weight all but I'm sure i could do much better well the thing is I'm not a dumper so i can get away with eating anything but of course in moderation but what i don't understand is why I'm feeling hungry all the time a friend of mine has the same problem and we are so frustrated about it and it is not head hunger i think I'm very easy on my self as I'm hooked on walkers crisp and having 2packs a day i could have more not at the same time but i stop myself..please help me with any diet plan you got.
Thank you all for your time.xx

hi cant understand why you are feeling hungry all the time i am never hungry i just forget to eat sometimes but i would say leave the crisps alone i was eating wotsits 2 packs aday and was not losing any weight now i dont buy them at all and am losing 2 to3 pounds aweek hope this helps carol

Reema maybe you're making inappropriate food choices. Are you having food with lots of sauces or that are easily digested? Maybe it would help people give you advice if you posted a typical days food that you eat.

As for the crisps a packet as a treat occasionally is fine but to still be having 2 packs a day is not really changing the habits that made you big in the first place is it? Sorry if this sounds harsh but this surgery is so we can lose weight but it's also to help us change the eating habits that made us big in the first place isn't it? Yes i know we still want to be normal but we really need to look at ourselves...

Good luck x

Are you taking your lansoprazole (or equivalent)? I find that when I stop taking those for a while I get what feels like hunger in my stomach as the juices start bouncing around in there. Definitely not a problem when I remember to take the meds tho.

I would also suggest filling your fridge with healthy things to grab to stop you going for the crisps. I always have some cheese, chopped carrot and hummous, a protein bar or some quorn ham with cream cheese when I am peckish. That way, even if I am being a pig and having extra calories, I am getting some protein too.

Good luck

Rx

Carbs get digested a lot faster than protein which will leave you feeling hungry. If you're prone to snacking try snacking on something high protein like light mini babybel cheeses or some sort of meat. Keep your fluids up as well. If you're lacking in fluids it can sometimes trigger feelings of hunger rather than thirst. If you're really desperate for a packet of crisps, then try to choose a lower fat variety rather than just the walkers and eat them only occasionally. Choose fruit like grapes as you can pick at them like sweets etc. I also like melon as it's sweet.

Like phatmomma said, you really need to make the right choices and the bypass is the tool to help you do that, but it does involve hard work. You can do it, just use the tool that you've been given. Best of luck. xx

I agree that your snacking should be protein, remember the rule, protein first, veg 2nd and fruit 3rd.

Good luck and chin up you will work it out.

I thought it was protein first, fruit n veg second and carbs third? Hmm so long as carbs come last thats the big deal....

Find something protein wise to nibble on for snacks xx

Reema, crisps were my downfall before the operation and I didn't just want to lose weight but get rid of all the crap that I used to eat. Otherwise the weight will just go back on further down the line. I allow myself the occasional treat (a bag of wotsits or quavers once a month) and if I feel like munching on a bag of crisps I have a rice cake. I found that not buying crisps meant I couldn't eat them so try not to buy them. Crisps are slider foods so go through your pouch very quickly and are very high calorie and high fat so will sabotage your weight loss. Its about finding low calorie treats, use protein rather than carb treats. My one great discovery has been the Iceland strawberry splits - which at 58 calories each are a find! They are small but tasty and in this hot weather have been a godsend. Look at what you are eating and see what you can change to healthy snacks. Good luck

My treat is a Solero ice lolly, low fat and high flavour! Yummy x

ice lollies

Ooh I might try that!

I have been making my own ice lollies with a mango, some greek yogurt and a bit of sweetner, yummy.

Rx
i have been making my own lollies with tescos pure orange and pure pineapple juice lovely

Back