• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

so upset :(

tashaliza

so upset

just wanted to have a chat with you all as im feeling so upset :cry:
i took my children to a birthday party today at the local ball park, all was going well and my kids were having a great time when i sat on a plastic garden chair (fatal i know!!) and it broke into pieces leaving me humiliated on the floor. i laughed it off saying that it was my fat a*** but inside i was crying with the humiliation in front of all the other mums as they were laughing at me aswell :cry:
i'm just so sick of being fat and being laughed at, am i the only one? i just cant wait to have surgery and to start losing weight.... so sorry for therant but i had to get it off my chest.
love tasha xxx :wave_cry:

aww tash i know exactly how you feel hun and its not nice, my speciality was breaking other people toilet seats lol :sick0019::sign0131:

Hi Tasha
I`m sorry hun you were up set to day that has happened to me as well and its not one bit funny I know we laugh it off but its awful . The is some hateful people out there . I was going it pick the kids up at the school one day and I was wearing high heels and got the heel stuck between the lines on the pavement and went flat on my face I even hurt myself and all the bloody mums and dads laughed , the poor kids tried to lift me God luv them . Here's a wee bunch of flowers for you . take care .
Margaret xx

Last edited:
Oh that is not nice. It is so rude when people laugh, its just plane cruel. Trust me you are not the only one!!!! I have had so many moments like that. To make you feel a bit better here are 2 of my worst moments!
1. I went to a theatre show in london and I did not fit in the theatre seat, I had to leave the theatre with people staring at me and sniggering.
2. I was at a theme park for the day and i LOVE rollercoasters, I did not realise how big i had got and I went to sit in the seat and the safety harness would not fit over me so i was surrounded by sniggering teenagers and adults (and the people who worked there were at it too)

Its a horrible feeling when things like this happen and it never gets ant easier. I am so sorry that people felt the need to be like that, they dont understand how hard it can be. We are here for you to talk about it and I hoe talking about it helps. People need to be more sensitive. I know its hard but try not to think about it.
I hope hearing about just 2 of my many many humiliating incidents helps you to realise YOU ARE NOT ON YOUR OWN!!!

I am so sorry hon. We have all been in such embarrassing predicaments. Just think, once we get our surgeries, these moments will be a thing of the past.

Big hugs to you Tashaliza,I know its humiliating sweetheart but its happened.Move on and put this on your list of goals for post op :- to be able to sit on green plastic chairs!! I also think the others laughed with you and not at you.If they had said or done nothing then you would have been even more embarrased so to ease your humiliation they did what you did, laughed. Take care and keep thinking about the goals you're going to reach and let us know when you've sat on a green plastic chair.

Oh Tasha, I'm really sorry that you were humiliated in this way. I think we all have stories to tell. I'm always v careful to check out any kind of chair after getting one stuck to my bum and thighs when trying to get up. SO embarrassed. I think the worst one was when the button on my pink combat trousers flew off a couple of years ago and my trousers fell down to my thighs. I was in town and people could see my tummy apron and everything. I didn't go out for a week after that one - I had to phone my hubby to come and get me NOW and I cried all the way home.

People can be so cruel. Laughing when you might be hurt. B*st*rds

Lv Jen x

I think you handled a really rough situtation the best you can. And, you're doing something about it. It's so hard, but I'm glad you posted today.

sorry you had a bad chair experiance its awful. like you say laughing so you dont cry covers up the real emotion but i have to admit that i am a laugher when things happen to other people not because i find it funny but out of embarressment for them. on the occasions where i have had an embarrising moment i have much prefered people to laugh than run around making a fuss checking im ok.

on a lighter note the funniest one that ever happened to me was being sat on a friends wooden bench with another big person. one of the skinny friends said is there room for a tiny one between you two. as she sat down there was an almighty crach and the bench gave way. I just said maybe yr not as tiny as you think as we clambered off the top of her.

on a lighter note the funniest one that ever happened to me was being sat on a friends wooden bench with another big person. one of the skinny friends said is there room for a tiny one between you two. as she sat down there was an almighty crach and the bench gave way. I just said maybe yr not as tiny as you think as we clambered off the top of her.

Oh my goodness!!! at least you made a great joke about it!!

You handled it really well...And I know inside you can't help but think it's funnier to others because of your size...Truth is, it can be funny no matter what size we are really...(unless someone is hurt physically

I was in Mallorca a few years ago and everyone was seated around the pool watching a show...Just ahead of us was a young family...They were all very young and trendy...They were slim and attractive...the husband goes to the bar and gets his family a drink and he comes back with a tray...He sits down and the plastic chair breaks into about five pieces (luckily the tray with the drinks stayed on the table)...We all jumped up to help him but his wife could not control her laughter which in turn made us laugh...He laughed too...

And retribution is not sweet if you are on the receiving end...
Many years ago I used to catch my bus home from work at the same time and the same place...One day as the bus was just coming along a woman on the other side of the road ran to catch it...she missed her footing on the pavement and fell flat on her face....I'm ashamed to say even though I did go help her, I laughed and giggled about it all the way home.
One week later I was a little late getting away from work and I had to run for the same bus...I tripped up on the same pavement in exactly the same way...flat on my face...(scrapped my chin)...and I was laughed at by some school kids.

What I am saying really is that fat or thin we all have these experiences.

I hope you are ok now.

(((hugs)))

so upset

just wanted to have a chat with you all as im feeling so upset :cry:
i took my children to a birthday party today at the local ball park, all was going well and my kids were having a great time when i sat on a plastic garden chair (fatal i know!!) and it broke into pieces leaving me humiliated on the floor. i laughed it off saying that it was my fat a*** but inside i was crying with the humiliation in front of all the other mums as they were laughing at me aswell :cry:
i'm just so sick of being fat and being laughed at, am i the only one? i just cant wait to have surgery and to start losing weight.... so sorry for therant but i had to get it off my chest.
love tasha xxx :wave_cry:
This made tears come to my eyes i stand where ever i go as i fear this would happen , how bloody awful to have to pre think every situation , i took my daughter on a school trip last week and then dreaded every part of it in case i was told sorry your too heavy for that ! i was clock watching begging for the day to end . i cant wait to beable to lose the weight and to not worry about every thing i do , its a constant battle tasha but we will get there then we can dance on little plastic chairs till our hearts content!!!:party0049: x x x

Was the chair kept outside Tash? If its any concellation it might have gone no matter who sat on it. Those chairs go brittle when left out in the sun.

We were in a bar in Spain a few years back when a really big guy sat on one that literally exploded with a hell of a bang. The poor guy ended up sitting on the floor in tears cluthching on to his drink for dear life. Nobody laughed, we were all horrified in case he was hurt, some of the shards of plastic were quite sharp.

Thankfully he was ok but it could have been a lot worse. I was in our local cafe a few weeks pre op and went to stand up but found the chair came with me. My lovely big bottom was stuck fast and hubbie had to pull it off for me. I think something like that has happened to all of us at sometime.

For me the worst is having to turn sidewise to get into a public loo and then having a persistant bruise on the side of my right buttock from banging it on those stupid bins they keep insisting on sticking down the side of the loo's. Another one was not being able to find any glasses at the opticians that were wide enough for my big head and having to choose out of the mens range...eeeek

Hi, that's awful! I think it's happened to most of us at some time tho. I once sat on the edge of someones bed (in student halls) and it broke - I was mortified!!

Back