• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am so upset and angry

BEXS99

Loves this site x
Hi

Just put on my face book one more day and a friend of mine put, if i ate out as much as you i would need a gastric band, was so upset, then she messaged me this - am crying here

"You are going to risk a general anesthetic for gastric surgery, being over weight puts your life at risk xxx serious beck if i wasnt your mate i would'nt care - but excersise and not eating **** will give you a body to die for, why are you having this op, you will be left with loads of loose skin!

Do i just ignore her or reply, so upset !

Oh dear, and I thought friends were there for support. People like this just dont understand what you/we have been through and how many times we have tried to lose weight before the natural way.

I know what I would do, but only you can decide on this one.

One quick reply would do it for me saying. " thank's what would I do without friends like you " she obviously has no idea what we go through before we put our selves up for this it is not the easy way out. What kind of friend says that with one day to go I can't bear these kind of peole feel angry for you, but please try and forget her x

ignore the cheeky biatch. thats no friend but oone very jealous cow who is scared because your going to look better than her... people who are ugly inside never look good on the outside!! rise above it you are so much better!!

Hi

Just put on my face book one more day and a friend of mine put, if i ate out as much as you i would need a gastric band, was so upset, then she messaged me this - am crying here

"You are going to risk a general anesthetic for gastric surgery, being over weight puts your life at risk xxx serious beck if i wasnt your mate i would'nt care - but excersise and not eating **** will give you a body to die for, why are you having this op, you will be left with loads of loose skin!

Do i just ignore her or reply, so upset !

I can only say what I would do, honey & that would be to ignore her & do not let her bring you down at this crucial point in your life. Does she think you are doing this lightly & that for some reason she is much wiser than you re your own life. She is the type (I think) who will drop you once you lose enough weight to be competition for her ... chin up, my lovely ... think of yourself & Alice ... anyone else is not entitled to an opinion. Love ya babe xxx :):)

And thats your friend.........?

Aw Bexs sorry you have been so upset, she probably did`nt mean to sound so harsh.....she`s just a bit insensitive love!

Ignore it and go forward with your surgery and show that you can make the changes that you want....the way you want to do it!

Good Luck hun x Look forward to meeting you on the losers bench!

Love Kat x

I'd be saying you are no mate of mine, go to hell! Sigh!!

Or maybe tell her you have researched long and hard and you haven't taken this decision to enhance your life lightly. Maybe some support from my friends rather than criticism would help me through this until I was fighting fit again.

She sounds an ignoramus to me!!!

If it were me I'd delete the comment, then delete the "friend". You need to be supported now, and surrounded with positivity. Perhaps this person is more comfortable with you being big, it would take some of the attention and limelight from her if you slim down and start getting compliments. Unfortunately not everyone is going to agree with what you are doing, but most should have the manners and respect to keep their opinions to themselves, not broadcast them to all and sundry on FB. Good luck for tomorrow, I hope you lose all your weight and have the time of your life.

:flamingmad:I reckon some people think these ops are a bit like going for botox, or even having a new hairdo!! They really don't realise the seriousness of either the op, or it's implications for our lives!! It is a medical procedure, not a beauty treatment.
Sorry if I'm ranting a little, but it makes me so mad!!!
Can't people engage their brains before opening their mouths FFS???
No wonder you're hurting Bexs.:gen126:

So sorry you're upset Bexs. I think maybe your friend is worried about you but has no tact. I'd explain that you've researched the op, as well as looked at what your life will be without it and this is the decision you've made. I'd also add that you'd appreciate her support, but if she can't offer that without being so negative, then you'd rather keep your distance, at least for a while, so you can recover without the added stress. She's right, you would have a body to die for if you exercised without eating crap, we all would! Why didn't we think of that...?!
I guess she has no worries about her weight...

Bexs, you rise above it. Just wait till you are post op and the weight starts dropping off she will be eating her words. You owe her no explanation whatsoever. If only it was so easy for us to stick to diets and exercise!!!!!
A friend of mine said the same to me about someone else in our office who had had surgery. She was basically saying she was greedy and shouldnt have let herself go. Hence, I didnt tell her about my op. You take care. Only 2 more sleeps for you. Exciting!!!! xx

I agree with Marie, delete her

Bex like ive just text you Monday is the start of the beginning of the rest of your life. What a bloody fantastic life it is going to be especially with no negative people in your life.

Ignore her for now and once you have had your surgery and recovery period tell her to her face what you think of her lack of support at the time that you most needed her and then say you have no room for negativity so so long and farewell!! you are going to rock at this!! x

Thanks all, am okay now, just cant believe she could do this to me, my life not hers !

bloody hell bex i agree with hopeless case she just jealous. Cannot believe a true friend would be so insensitive. She does not have to agree and she can be worried but she should respect your descision. God i would love to post on her facebook i am so angry that she has upset you hun. The positive side is that you are a better person than her and always will be sweetie xxxxxx

aww bless ya bexs :( people really dont understand what we go through, im always being told to go on a diet and excersize, im like, "OMG! why didnt i think of that?", its not worth losing a friend over, im sure she didnt mean it negatively. She will probably be ok if you tell her that you have researched and have made the decision to go ahead, and would like her support at a time like this. If that doesnt work id tell her to get stuffed, sending love and hugs :) xxx

let her get over it, am fine, wont put me off that easily, and will gladly be posting my successful weight loss for her to see lol x

I have to say i would reply to her txt, and tell her that what she said was very hurtful and that you'd hope that as a friend she would support you in whatever decision you made as it has not been made lightly, then delete her
good luck in your journey, i'm sure there'll be much more support on here than what she could provide:grouphugg:
xxx

Back