• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So what to expect

sodababe

I have my op in 4 weeks and 6 days, not counting much lol.and honestly cant wait. But was wondering if people can help clarify a few things with me. Am going private and having a gastric band fitted with mr sigurdsson at dolland park.

No one has really gone through with me about the pre-op diet, should they be doing this or will they go through it closer to the op, as that has to be done 2 weeks before. when i met my consultant he never mentioned nothing about it.

Tablets, can we take tablets after surgery? how long do we have to refrain from driving? how was everyone after they had their band, am going on my own as my daughter will be doing exams and i have insisted my husband stays with her, but i have to ring them later that night.

When i had a C-section 14 years ago i recovered quite quickly, which has helped spur me on with having this surgery. I just to know other peoples experiences with their pre-op and post op's. i know each person is different but at least i will get an idea:eek:

Welcome!!

Pre-op diets seem to be different for every provider, so you will need to check with them what your choices are and for how long. I did milk for 2 weeks (and quite enjoyed it).

Driving, my surgeon says when you can do an emergency stop. I actually drove home :eek: These are the dvla guidlelines, I'm soon to convert to a bypass as my port on the band has failed :cry:

Driving after surgery

No idea about c section comparisons, I can't have children ;)

I love my band, only put in last July, my port hates me big time, nothing but pain, problems, more pain, more problems. So it's going to be a piece of art on my wall and I shall be jolly glad to see the back of it.

But, follow the simple rules and it works. I have lost 5 stone and I have lost so much weight, I've gone down from size 20 to a size 8/10. I can feel the port very clearly and also the tube in between it.

Until you get the fills right the restriction isn't there and when you get it right it's magic.

I had an ibuprofen incident last October and as they get stuck in your pouch, I cannot take them for the rest of my life. Lots of water with tablets to flush them through into your main stomach. I take soluble paracetamol now and soluble just about everything else.

It won't stop your head hunger and you need to use your willpower to make it work.

If I had had the courage to start with (no way :eek:) I would have had a sleeve to start with. There is a reason why they have stopped fitting them in the USA and also on the NHS here.

Good luck ;)

check with your insurance company re driving after anaesthetic, my provider said not to drive for 48 hrs but this had to be confirmed with insurance company as it will be their guidelines you need to follow. Drive too early and it could invalidate your insurance.

I had c-section and the band is an absolute doddle compared to that although my section experience wasn't great. Pre op diet will depend on you and your provider, it really is individual so ou need to check with them as with the guidelines post op. stick to them and follow them...

I've had my band 7 month and have lost over 7 1/2 stone....

Jemima, what have they stopped doing in the US? Is it the band or the sleeve? Thanks
I am considering the band, the sleeve would be more expensive I would think.

Back