• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

new to minimins

julieann

hi all, this is my first thread on this site, but have been reading all posts for the last month and have found everyones experiences most helpfull. I had my consultation with mr sigurdsson on the 20th september at Dolan park and even though i had pretty much decided on surgery it still took me three weeks to pluck up the courage to actually book the operation for the gastric band. I have the operation on thursday the 13th november and it would be great to hear from anyone having a band on the same day at dolan park as i too am going through the same emotional rollercoaster ride that i am sure you have all experienced pre op. I have also found that some people think that this operation is too drastic as they dont see me as big enough to warrant what they call major surgery (my bmi is 31 but used to be 40) but what they fail to realise is that i have struggled with my weight for the last twenty years and each year my weight screws me up more and more mentally, i have tried every diet and diet pill going and hope and prey that this band will work for me.

Hi Julieann, welcome to Mini's :)

We have a thread with everyone's upcoming op dates which can be found here http://www.minimins.com/surgical-weight-loss/64432-operation-dates.html I've added you to it, no others on the 13th yet but lots of other banders at Dolan Park.

You'll find lots of fellow banders at all stages of the procedure here, so I'm sure you'll find the support you want :)

hi julieanne welcome to minis, good luck for the 13th.

liz xx

Hi and welcome to minis.....I have just been approved for surgery and will be having a bypass....dont let other peoples opinions stop you from doing what you think is best for you, its all down to personal choice....good luck and I am sure someone will be along real soon with advice....xx

thankyou for the warm welcome, just reading all of your posts over the last month have been a real inspiration to anyone thinking of weightloss surgery and i know that these threads helped in my decision to surgery.

Hi Julieann

Welcome to Mini's!
Congratulations on your banding on the 13th nov!

I am having my band tomorrow and I am nervous but very excited in starting my new life. It takes guts and courage to decide to change your lifestyle and life habits forever. So if anyone thinks its too drastic, they need to think about why you might be doing it. You be who and what you want to be. Never forget that its your life and you are in control of it and from the 13th Nov, you control everything, even food!

Lots of love and I look forward to speaking to you more over the coming weeks!

Ginaxxxx

Back