• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

new to minimins

julieann

hi all, this is my first thread on this site, but have been reading all posts for the last month and have found everyones experiences most helpfull. I had my consultation with mr sigurdsson on the 20th september at Dolan park and even though i had pretty much decided on surgery it still took me three weeks to pluck up the courage to actually book the operation for the gastric band. I have the operation on thursday the 13th november and it would be great to hear from anyone having a band on the same day at dolan park as i too am going through the same emotional rollercoaster ride that i am sure you have all experienced pre op. I have also found that some people think that this operation is too drastic as they dont see me as big enough to warrant what they call major surgery (my bmi is 31 but used to be 40) but what they fail to realise is that i have struggled with my weight for the last twenty years and each year my weight screws me up more and more mentally, i have tried every diet and diet pill going and hope and prey that this band will work for me.

Welcome come to minimins. Good luck on ur weight loss journey

Hello and Welcome...

Only you know that this is the right journey, it's your life and you have taken a very brave step into being the person you want to be.

Good on you...:D

Welcome to the forum, the people on here rock! You now have the support you need to do something life changing. If you look under the operation dates thread, you will find many people having bands put in at Doland, you'll just have to check their dates.

Good luck & welcome:D

Hi Julieann, welcome to Mini's! I've added your date to the operation dates thread. There are lots of Dolan Park banders on here so plenty to share their experiences.

Shel

hi and welcome to minis. good luck on your weight loss journey. this site is fantastic for support and advice so any questions ask away xx

Hi Julieann,
I had my band at dolan park on 9th september and all was fine. Don't worry everything will be fine for you too i'm sure of that.
Welcome to Minimins and stay positive.
Amanda x

Back