• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Social Life

mandym1

How would your describe your social life post op? Better or worse than pre op and how so?

Hi Mandy,

This is a real easy one for me because although only about 9 weeks out from surgery my life is soooo different. I am now living instead of just existing. I haven't had a huge loss in this time (only about a stone and a half, bit dissapointing) but the difference already is fantastic. My confidence is growing every day. I have been to department stores whereas before it was too painfull to stand for the amount of time let alone go out in public for humiliation. I now swim every day, do aquafit once a week on top of that and have just got a personal trainer at the gym so go there 3 times a week as well. I sleep better, have got more mobile and I am actually living life. I even went to a show last week I saw the Sally Morgan show in Salisbury. I would have never even dreamed that I could do something like that pre op. I have booked to go on the family holiday in the end of September whereas before I couldn't go abroad and even missed my own brothers wedding in Portugal last year. And yesterday I took the grandchildren to the local park and we had a picnic, I have never been out with them before it was magical and do you know what I really didn't care what anybody thought because I know I will never be this size again. I even went down the kids slide wahoo, I didn't get stuck but sadly didn't think about the weight I still am gathered speed an shot off the botton like a bat out of hell.
Theres nothing to say later on that I may not have problems but at the moment there is no comparison to life before the op.

Sue xx

Back