• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Questions questions....

Sappho

Hello everyone

Now 4 months post op and lost 72lbs. Just have some issues if anyone can help:

I am rubbish with protein - can anyone recommend protein shakes (preferably ready made) that dont taste too yucky.

I am also rubbish with remembering to drink - any tips?

Any ideas for easy snacks - at the moment it is alpen bars!

Seem to be tired a lot of the time, is this normal or do you think I am lacking something?

Finally, seem to be losing a lot more hair than usual, prob about 10 or more strands when I run my hand through and loads on pillow, sink etc, not clumps but def more than usual. I know this can be an effect but I dont fancy being thin and bald! Any ideas for supplements to help.

Thank you :)

I started feeling tired and poorly a lot and my B12 was very low, get yourself along to your gp for a blood test, just to be sure :)

.x.

How about trying the protein shots u can carry them around with u and easy to take, do a search in the search facility on the site and u will get lots of diff recommendations for shakes and shots.

Kelp, zinc and selenium are supplements that can help but don't take them without first asking a member of the surgical team. Ideally they should be started asap. They won't cure the problem but they may help a bit, but everyone says the problem subsides and only happens during the rapid weight loss phase.

I'm 7 months post op and i get tired quite often but all my blood tests were showing really good levels inc Vit b12 so i've put it down to normal everyday pressures. Can't help on protein shakes i'm afraid as i have never used them as i'm lucky i like meat and dairy foods and fish so do ok! As for hair loss i use Perfectil or Perfectill plus, you only need one a day and they can be bought in most chemists and supermarkets and i have escaped without losing any. I'm a bit like you with drinking, some days are good some aren't, i have a sports bottle with SF Ribena with me all the time and just try to sip throughout the day and evening, that also allows me to guage exactly how much fluid i'm getting. Def worth getting bloods checked as Bee says just in case some levels are low xx

Hi

Thanks for your replies. I am due a blood test in May but maybe I will bring it forward if things dont get any better. Surgicare have recommended Zinc and Selenium so I will give that a go and have a look for some protein shots. :)

Im 4 months post op and my hair is falling out really bad. I think it's just a side effect of losing weight and not necessarily the bypass. I lost weight previously throught The Cambridge Diet and the same happended with that.

I've just had blood tests done and am waiting for the outcome as I'm always tired all the time too, I often feel physically knackered and unable to even get out of my chair !!!!

Back