• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yummy Tummy butternut squash soup

Tinkerbellx

Hi I made this soup today, quick and simple....

Ingredients

Vegetable or chicken stock 1 1/2 pints
whole butternut squash peeled and chopped
2 red onions chopped
1 red pepper chopped
2tsp fine herbs
1tsp smoked paprika
fry light
garlic to taste
salt and pepper to taste
Method

Peel and chop the onions, place in a pan with fry light to soften and chopped red pepper, and garlic fry for a couple of mins, add stock and all remaining ingredients, boil then simmer for 45mins blend and enjoy

Natural protein powder can be added to give the boost, serve with sprinkled cheese on the top.

Enjoy the above recipe created by Vicki Millard

This sounds lovely. Will it be ok immediately post op? I would like to freeze this and have it ready x

You mention cheese, what type of cheese? I see a lot of people using cheese for extra protein but not sure which one to use x

For a start you should be on liquids, may want to make it a tad thinner check with your team .... Nothing in it dump on at all....

I cooked up some roasted sweet potato with rosemary and garlic yesterday then blitzed them on the blender with a pint of veg stock to reduce it's thickness. Gorgeous if I say so myself and I can add protein powder and perhaps a bit more stock to thin it down for the first few weeks post-op. All ready to go into the freezer.

Thanks ladies I'll make it very thin and freeze it x

Ive made this soup and it is lovely. I made a lot so what I havent froze for post op I am going to eat on my pre-op diet.

It is quite thick but very smooth (no bits at all) and does run off the spoon, so will it be ok for liquid stage?

Delishious. Sounds like my kinda soup!
Perfect for post op.
Lynne x

ooh nice!

This recipe sounds amazing, I loooooove butternut squash! Thanks - looking forward to giving it a try :D

me to think i will make up quite a bit for my pre op diet,
and as a starter for a family meal for myself, son, mum and dad, i love sweet potato, and butternut squash. mmm.....xx

Just a teensy word of warning girls: I filled my freezer with various yummy soups pre op, and post op I couldn't look at any of them!! My taste buds had completely changed!! So maybe don't make TOO much in case you don't like it after all! I'm serving the freezer full of soups to my family over the holidays.

Back