• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sooo fed up

pmkmrm

:sigh::cry::cry:
hi everyone firstly so sorry to be moaning but im so fustrated, i have been waiting to get my intitial appointment from st richards chichester since early august 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it is now 7 blasted months and still no joy. i emailed christine bigg the secretary to shaw sommers and she just fobbed me off very polietly but still basically saying not much longer now.
i will not be having the op untill nov time as there is such a waiting list i have a horrible feeling i wont get my op untill early 2010 at this rate! my friend who was refferred to kings in london was reffered at the same time as me and had her bypass in dec 2008!
sorry to moan but i am soooo fustrtated:sigh::mad: i am so grateful that i am on the nhs just so fed up with being fat
love kate

A patient has the right to choose which hospital they have the surgery in. I know this for a fact as my PCT wanted me to wait longer by attending a different hospital but I wanted Mr Ammori at Spire...I contacted the department of health by email and he confirmed that if the hospital was listed to carry out that type of surgery then thats where I could go. This was then forwarded to the PCT and the next day I had my letter confirming I could go where I was and my surgery was booked two days later....If I had gone to the hospital they wanted I would probably of only just seen the surgeon now as it is I had my op in November....see what you can do chick dont give in..xx

Hi Kate, I know exactly what you mean. My GP actually contacted the hospital for me and that same evening I got a phone call with an appointment for 29 April. I was told a letter would be sent out. That was almost 2 weeks ago! I emailed Christine and she said it was done from a different department but that she had spoken to them and the letters went out last Thursday. NO LETTER HAS ARRIVED!!!! Its just so frustrating. Then I read about ScottTatum being referred to Chichester and being told there's a long waiting list, he then gets a letter the next day from Southampton and 8 weeks later he's banded!!!! I feel like I'm on a merry go round and can't get off to join everyone else! The only thing that's keeping me going is the knowledge that Chichester has a fantastic reputation and I will be in good hands (if I ever get there of course!!) Love Julie

Hi Kate, I know how you're feeling about others being done before you. A lady who went to the same meeting as me in october saw the surgeon after me. She had her pre op a month after me and was then banded in february and I'm still waiting.We've just got to hang on in there and try(easier said than done) and be patient other wise we'd probably crack up lol.
xx Gaynor xx

Hi Kate, I understand how you feel, I hate being fat too. all I can say is hang in there girlie, your time will come and then you can get on with the rest of your life. Chin up chucks, tomorrow is another day closer.

sorry to hear your having such long waits i was bandedi st richards befor the list were as long and it took 11mnths from referal from gp to op it is worth the wait as the team is second to none you wont get better but i know how frustrating it must be waiting , iv always found christine has a slightly abrupt manner on phone but she once you more into the process very helpfull and lovely.

as i say everytime anyone coming to st richards who fancys meeting up for a coffee especially banders please give me a nudge as i live 5mins in car from hosp and would love to chat to others in same boat [god i sound like a billy no mates lol]

Back