• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fed up

dreamofbeingslim

Can't wait for next appt
Hi everyone, still no news but I am getting so fed up of waiting now I just want this done so much. My dr has told me to try and not think about it but its all I can think about.

I am getting so desperate I feel bigger by the day.

Sorry to be negative.

Its the one thing we all have in common - having to have the patience of jobe! Are you waiting for funding or a date? A begging phonecall in the right ear can work wonders

I am waiting for funding. It has been before the panel on 2 occasions but they want more info. I have sent loads of emails and the lady I speak to and email is very nice but I think I will have to wait until August the 7th which is when I think they next meet.

:hug99:its a difficult one especially when different people get there bypasses quicker than others, we just have to see it as it will happen one day and when we look back hopefully we will wonder what the worry was , chin up chick hopefully wont be too long till you get some news x

I don't know Caroline I didn't know you could do that. Will look into it, I am on the school 6 weeks holiday now so intend to put the pressure on them a bit. It would have been ideal to have it done now but no chance of that. The dr applied at Christmas but it only went before the panel 2 months ago.

Dont feel desperate it will come. Do what you can to push it but why not start your weightloss early with the diet? You will loose weight for sure if you stick to the diet plan. Maybe speak to your care group and ask can you start the pre-op diet early?

I would speak to your lovely lady and ask her if you attending the panel on 7 August would help them at all as you have all the information! Sure its not procedure but it cant hurt!

Aww Sharron, I'm so sorry you're still waiting. Your time will come sweetheart but only when the time is right. It does get to the point of being the only thing you think about but this can make the time seem to drag on and on. See if you can go to the meeting and if not ask them if they will let you know their decision the same day so you're not waiting around any longer than neccesary. Good luck sweetheart and I really hope the funding is granted for your op.xxxx

Have my fingers crossed for you. Just remember like most of us you've taken a long time to come to the decision of going down the surgery route. When your funding is approved and you have your operation you will have a whole new life to live. You will become a new person. August 7th is not far away and if you have kids at home for the holidays they can distract you from the calendar.#

Here's hoping to good news, and if you can get before the panel that would be good to show them you are a person and not just another name on a sheet of paper. Good luck hun, it's soon gonna be your turn to shine... :)

Thanks everyone for your support. I have had an email from the pct today to say they haven't heard from the hospital yet and that the next meeting is the 10th August. I will try ring the hospital later and chase them for the info.

Awww sorry to hear you are still waiting, I hope you hear something positive very soon, It must be really frustrating, But try keep your chin up, (Easier said than done)Fingers and toes crossed for you.

Aww I know its crap all this waiting I have waited a year for funding and am now 3 days from my first appointment. I am not confident anything will happen soon I think its still going to be months but we have to keep focused. We "WILL" get there and it will be "SO" worth it.

Keep your chin up hun xx

Keep bugging the PCT hun, it really does work;):D

Aww I know its crap all this waiting I have waited a year for funding and am now 3 days from my first appointment. I am not confident anything will happen soon I think its still going to be months but we have to keep focused. We "WILL" get there and it will be "SO" worth it.

Keep your chin up hun xx

Thanks mandy good luck with your appt let us know how you get on.

Back