• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sore 10 days post op is this normal??

Lily White

Hi Guys,

Im ten days after banding and was doing fine. Trouble is since yesterday ive gotten very sore again internally. Im really worried i ate the wrong thing had soup off stew tiny bit of meat in it with some mash?? cant think of anything else ive been so good but now i feel somethings wrong i am a worrier and hopefully its nothing but im scared the band has slipped or something

Hi Guys,

Im ten days after banding and was doing fine. Trouble is since yesterday ive gotten very sore again internally. Im really worried i ate the wrong thing had soup off stew tiny bit of meat in it with some mash?? cant think of anything else ive been so good but now i feel somethings wrong i am a worrier and hopefully its nothing but im scared the band has slipped or something

hi dont worry you havnt done anything wrong you have alot of internal stitching holding the band in place these heal i had pulling sensations for a few months your still quiet early days and your stomach also may be going down from the op sweling still, so alot still adjusting internally x

i totally agree with serenity, its part of the natural healing process, you will be fine.

liz x

Its like a lot of wounds/injuries/surgeries, sometimes it gets a little worse before it gets better.

You are only ten days out...rest up, eat well and all will return to normality soon.

I was on normal food at day 7, as my surgeon likes to do this, so what you ate will do no harm.

hi dont worry you havnt done anything wrong you have alot of internal stitching holding the band in place these heal i had pulling sensations for a few months your still quiet early days and your stomach also may be going down from the op sweling still, so alot still adjusting internally x
thanks serenity i tried ringing my contact from the hospital but got no reply looks like they dont care as much when they got my money. I knew you girls would help out :)

Its like a lot of wounds/injuries/surgeries, sometimes it gets a little worse before it gets better.

You are only ten days out...rest up, eat well and all will return to normality soon.

I was on normal food at day 7, as my surgeon likes to do this, so what you ate will do no harm.

lucky you on normal food after 7 days!!! thanks for the support its great to feel theres always someone on here to answer questions thanks :)

providor im guessing thg or wga ? they cash grabbing n no or little after care.

wls is a BIG money spinner to them.

yep thg seem to have gotten the money and ran in fairness they were great before and a nurse did ring me back but the one to one service i was getting is def gone. I have a date for the nurtritionilist but its not til end of March i think first few weeks are the hardest when you dont know what your doing and this is when you need help not 7 or 8 weeks post op.

Back