• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Soups

Tracey ( eyore)

Could anyone tell me post op on the liquid diet what the best soups to be having brought from shops ?

Also anyone any good recipes for soups ?

Hi

I didn't buy any soups in, I cooked my own and divided them in to portions in the freezer so I had lots on hand when I needed them.

If you PM me your email address I'll send you the soup recipies I used.

I couldn't be bothered to cook my own soups, when does boiled veg become soup? No, I dunno either. My favourite was Baxters beef consomme, it is quite expensive but lush and packed with goodness in a thin soup.
hth.

John
There is nothing wrong with a good solid veg soup as a base for any diet , this is what i've used
but then there is nothing wrong with tinned soup either, it's just that I like cooking.

Hi everyone, hope you are all well.
im wondering if anyone can help me, is it ok for us bypassers to have diabetic stuff, like jams, choccies etc, or is there a reason we cant have sorbital, im just thinking of special occasions for little treats, not for all the time.
and can i also ask if anyone remained tender around their pouch site for any length of time. i had my gastric bypass on 30 april this year, and have healed really well, but the site just over and around the area of my pouch is still really tender and sensitive to touch, my clothes sometimes 'catch' it. it isnt painful or anything like that, just sensitive.
ill be greatful for any advice anyone can give me. thank you in advance. hugs Dawny

dawny
i think it would be a good idea to post a new thread about this proble with your pouch hun ..as other bypasses may be able to help you , they may not see it at the botton of my thread about soups hun x

sorry Tracey, im new to the site and am having a problem navigating, lol. im not very good with computers etc, ill see if i can post a new thread, have you any idea how i can do it. dawny

go on to front page to the message section you want and then to bottom it will say add new thread add your subject there hun.............. its no prob just thought others maybe able to help better if they could see thread x good luck hun x

Hi Tracey, got your request, and have added, but i cant get onto one of the pages so i dont know if u received it, ive only done a couple of posts so that might be it, but thank you, it means a lot, hugs dawny xx

Back