• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

srh confirmation letter finally here!

Practise oh that sounds ominous lol
My surgeon is Mr Schroeder and apparently he has done loads according to the nurse :)

Lol I knew I shouldn't of used that word, all I meant is bands and bypasses are old news now lol sleeves are relatively new.

He did my endo and also will be doing my surgery he is very good, I found him charming

Last edited:
I'm under Mr Mahawar although I haven't met him but I understand he hasn't had as much practise so maybe that means it'll be a faster wait list? I was told the sleeve wait list was shorter too x

You all know what you have to do ...... All switch to sleeve lol, form an orderly queue.

It's was Mr Mahawar PA that told me the list for sleeves was shorter.

X

i think i have to disagree even if it is only slightly with you pauline, i know where your coming from believe me its taken me 3 years due to a whole range of errors, mistakes (including me being sent for a pre op in june '10 to resite a port i'd never had fitted!) and general delays and like you it is really frustrating when you come on here and see people who seem to have waited hardly any time at all and fly past you, i was ready to admit defeat and jack it all in a year ago watching everyone around me get dates and i still was being sidelined but i truly believe that the staff at srh are working their hardest to meet an ever increasing demand, and whilst yes sometimes things go wrong on the whole its a pretty smooth system, my heart goes out to those on here who have had a much rougher ride before they can even get accepted for funding due to the stupid post code lottery and negative gp's let alone be as close as we are, be strong keep your chin up and know your almost there :)

I had a chat with my mam tonight and told her I feel guilty having my op before others as Pauline is a good example. She started her journery before me but yet I had my op date and she doesn't.

I honesty thought it worked on its ur turn now, why do some people have to wait longer than others ??? X

Hi Rachael, dont worry. if you are doing the milk diet (only if you don't have type 2 diabetes controlled by diet that is!) the diet sheet Mazbrad sent you if the same as the one in the booklet that I got sent last week

2-3 pints semi or skimmed milk
2 diet yogs natural or fruit flavoured
3-4 portions of fruit (you are allowed all varieties but try to include a banana, orange or grapes each day)
sugar free jelly (optional)
one bowl of veg soup - preferably home made. it should not contain potatoes or pulses eg lentils

drinks
water, tea, coffee and low cal drinks or squashes are allowed freely. sweeteners are allowed

1 small glass of fruit juice (orange, pineapple or tomato)

no other foods should be eaten alcohol is not allowed

... there you go!! :wave_cry:

happy milk diet! I start tomorrow so last supper tonight!

if you need the diabetic diet let me know and I'll type up!

see you on the 24th!
xxx:rolleyes:
thanks lynne thankfully i don't need the diabetic one, i've been a bit naughty with soups i had a stack of baxters healthy options minestrone ones to use up so they've been filling me up, i thought as i wasn't officially on it yet i might as well use them up! i'm struggling to drink all the milk, hope that won't trip me up but yesterday i was not good at all, definitely don't think i'm having enough yesterday i had a banana,about a half a pint of milk and a can of soup, just couldn't face any more milk and i genuinely wasn't feeling hungry oh well sign of things to come?!

Back