• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

staples

Hi, have my staples took out at 4:50 to day just wonder does it hurt? as my pain is from the two left ports,going to try and be brave lol,wife and kids going as well has allyson has never seen staples taken out.
I've not slept very good in bed no matter which side I sleep on,so sleeping on sofa sat up.
Thanks to all for kind wishes and get well stuff.
Staples out

It didn't hurt at all just a bit of tubing,asked nurse if my motions poo tmi is ok as most days I'm runing to go to toilet,she said its my bladder trying to recover.
BBB

Last edited:
Hi Beefy! Good to hear from you. Sorry you have been so sore! I can't help you with staples as I was glued. But just want to say I'll be thinking of you this afternoon. I'm sure you'll feel more comfortable without them. Hugs x

Hi I'm not sure if its the same thing but I had staples after having my c section. It doesn't hurts but not nice if the my catch ur skin. They use like pliers that bend the middle of the staple and the two ends lift out. It can fill like little pinches. Hope this helps abit.

Hi, have my staples took out at 4:50 to day just wonder does it hurt? as my pain is from the two left ports,going to try and be brave lol,wife and kids going as well has allyson has never seen staples taken out.
I've not slept very good in bed no matter which side I sleep on,so sleeping on sofa sat up.
Thanks to all for kind wishes and get well stuff.
BBB

When I had my hip replaced I had a total of 42 staples in the area...
It does not hurt its just a little sharp, try to relax and take steady breaths it does help and if you need a rest tell the nurse you need a moment

Im also lucky my daughter is a ward sister and she took them out for me, she was considerate and that helped a lot..
I think its more the though of having them out..
Be Brave xxxxx:wave_cry:

Didn't hurt a bit :)... Thirteen wks post bypass now and I was stapled too

Hope it gets better for you x

Had staples out ok I guess lol,I'm a fellow who hates needles so i'd hate staples as well,nurse was great.
Talk soon off out to meet family in town we meet up every sat.
BBB

Hi all, well last thining injection sat,I won't miss those lol,on wensday I start crispy foods,looking forward to that day,been shoping for new things to try.
Looking forward to trying toast with duck+orange pate,and corned beef hash.up to now feel better with in my self,just feel hunger pranks.
Tomato soup is ok but seems to go through the tiny pouch too quick.
BBB

Really pleased all went ok removing the staples it's not nice at all think it's the worse bit

Hi,the staples were nothing to worry about,the nurse was gentle,well start crispy Wednesday looking fwd to something that tastes nice,got some beef curry to try,and toast and jam diet jam,I'm looking to see if there's any way I can have non fatty xmass cake? Any recipes wellcome.
Thanks to all on here for there help and advice.off to see Mr ackroyed Wednesday to see if I'm on track with things.
I can notice a weight change I've lost all my Churchill fat arround my face and chin.
I'm still wearing the green trendy socks,I can move arround ok but get more pain from the two left ports on my tummy.
The only thing is I don't feel like I'm having enough food in a day,breakfast 7am lunch at 12pm at 3pm I have yog,tea at 6pm and sometimes supper at 9pm,but my tummy tells me I'm Hungary.
I'm not drinking enough either I'm lucky if I have 1ltr of low sugar vimto.
BBB

Sounds ok to me it's just remembering to drink sometimes also I snack on little things like seeds and have humus for lunch with crackers good protien spice it up with a touch off tobasco
Glad it's going well I am there Tuesday morning I am working out of Hallamshire most this week but you sound tho your getting into the new life well it's all a learning circle now
Take care

Back