• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Trapped wind!

rainbow27

Hello
I know there have been loads of threads on trapped wind & I have looked at the however I had no trapped wind day 1 to 6 post op now day 7 & 8 I'm in agony up my back round my sides...I'm doing all the giving adive.. Walking... Peppermint tea... Windease but NOTHING Is helping, I'm passing wind at times but nothing is shifting this pain :(

I seem to remember that my wind pain was especially bad around this time too. Remember to eat very slowly and don't chew gum or drink anything through a straw as that will increase the chances of trapped wind.
What type of food has your surgeon put you on? I was pureed only at this stage and found that if I had mostly milk it would make my wind worse, whereas if I ate pureed meat, soups etc I felt better.

Poor you I sympathise have attacks of IBS from time to time so the symptoms sound the same, time and warmth will let it dissapate try hugging a heated wheat bag the lavendar scent relaxes you and the warmth eases some of the pain for a bit, Getting someone to rub your back much as you would a baby has been reccommended as a way to ease the pain to me to.

YG thanks I'm still on liquids just now I've avoided milk today as I was having a lot and it seems to have eased a little, my god I can't believe how sore it is. X

Thanks Penelope I have my hot water bottle at hand, I've been getting my back rubbed your so right feels better x

Sorry to be graphic, but for me I found after my worse day of wind I went to the toilet then things eased loads. Have you been yet?

Nothing like a back rub and a good f++t!Oh the blessed relief!

Hello yes I'm much better now & tmi but I've been to the toilet as well woohoo x

Back