• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

starting a case for a tt

cherry

so after 5 years of being ashamed and embarrassed of my over hang that causes weeping and bleeding on my section scar im going tomorrow after it flared up last night, im dreading it!! im completly mortified over it, do you think my case is strong, it causes a hurrendous red rash that bleeds, weeps,and smells bluuueerrrghhhh im extremely proud and have to much pride so do this is a big thing, there is only one thing that will cure this and it s a tt, but whats my chances?

The earlier you start your case for a TT the better I reckon...besides which you need to get some treatment for your tum anyway....so you are killing 2 birds with 1 stone ;) Good Luck and remember to keep going back about it all the time as this will show on your medical records when the time for TT comes :D XX

Ah dont be embarrased Kelly, Im sure your doctor will of seen it all before and maybe worse!

As for funding it depends what your PCT's ctiteria for funding is much like WLS. You should be able to google it

Good luck! x

Awww Bless Kelly.... I had very similar after my hysterectomy and it's not nice at all... awful problem..

Love and hugs xxx

Kelly as others have said, get to your doctors and get it documented every time it plays up... Go even if it's not overly sore just so it goes on your notes........

Good luck xx

thanks its getting worse as the more weight i lose, it use to flare up say every couple of months but now its every month that lasts for a week its bleeding now :( and smells urgghh xx

Good luck Kelly. Will u have to come up to Sunderland again if u get referred? Hope its more local to u :)

Obviously I'd imagine your PCT wouldn't touch you re. a TT until you've had your surgery, get to a healthy BMI & maintain for a while....however, if it's bad now, chances are its only going to get worse. Every flare up you get, go along to the Drs & get it documented in your notes...it will really help to strengthen your case, if the powers that be can see it has been a long-standing problem. I know some PCTs won't consider a TT for 'psychological' reasons, no matter how much you hate it, but a different angle is to stay it is stopping you getting to your goal weight by impeding what exercise you can do xxxx

Hi hun,

I am currently trying to get a TT on the NHS and was referred by my Dr due to recurring problems with infection along the scar of my section and prev abdo surgery and now inc my tummy button where the top of my tummy hangs over it.

I have lost between 7-8st over the last 2 yrs through various means ( I haven`t had WLS) and saw the plastic surgeon and his reg on 23rd December. They weighed me as 11st 11lbs with a BMI of 27.5 and I have been denied funding as for my PCT, You have to be an "exception" for them to fund it and they will only fund for medical reasons. The PS`s have both said that I need a TT and nothing I can do will help so they are happy to help my Dr and I to appeal for funding but I HAVE to have a healthy weight and have a BMI of under 25 which has to have been maintained for 6 months hence I am due to see them again in June.

As you are coming up for WLS, I think they would probably make you wait until you have had it and reached your goal weight. But it is worth going to you GP and asking. Good Luck!! Xxx

aw kelly i know where your coming from huni, i used to get really sore under my overhang, along my hysterectomy scar, and also under my boobs, my doctor gave me and still does give me some cream to put on it which works quite well. but to be honest, ive actually found that since ive lost weight, even though my overhang is lower, as are my droopy boobs, i havent been sore for a while now, which i really cant understand, cos you'd think it would get worse wouldnt you, not that im complaining, but it dosnt bode well for me getting a tt should i need one. i hope yours gets a bit better for you, or at least is controlable with cream. big hugs xxxx

P.s.. I have found that the infections have actually not been as sore since I have lost weight if that makes sense x

Back