• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Need a bit of help, perhaps more one for the women...

Hello all :)

Well, I had my bpass done 7 odd months ago, and im very happy with my loss so far.

But i have a slight issue.

After my op, i had the contraceptive implant, and then found i was having my TOM constantly.

When i have my TOM i find my appitite goes up... and i also find my ristriction to be more, and sometimes throw up due to this.

Anyway, i was given the contraceptive pill to take which should stop the bleeding.. however it hasn't it has just made it more irratic.

Im struggling with hunger at the moment.

Over christmas i put a bit of weight on ( a few lbs, cos i ate crap) which i then lost very quickly, and then had a bit of a relaxed ny, and put it on again, and im now loosing it... but i am hungry pretty much all the time... like i can eat my dinner, then 20 mins later, im very hungry.

I can only assume its hormonal, does anyone have any experience of this... do you think perhpas i should consider having my implant removed?

For example today i have eaten:

2/3rds of a weight watchers sausage, with 2 lean bacon bits (the roundish top part only) 1 spoon beans, an egg and 1 slice of weight watchers bread (all this weighed less than 200g)

Steak (103g) salad (67g) and spud (30g of spud)

100g low sugar and salt beans with lf cheese...

I also ate:

1 orange, 1/2 apple, 2 crackers with a little cheese and 1 no sugar peanut butter cup and a few (not many) nuts

Im not that fussed i snacked, id prefer not to... but im so hungry all the time!

I need help please :(

.x.

oh dear hun i have had probs with t.o.m since i had merehena coil replaced last year and i always feel hungry too, it's horrible, you eat a meal til you feel full and then 20 or 30 mins later i can eat the same all over again, and no i'm not drinking at the same time, i try to eat fruit when i feel hungry or drink some water but it doesn't always work. Because i've been ill for past couple of days i haven't really eaten that much so don'tknow if i have gained or lost, to be honest i haven't weighed myelf for a while cos i have been static and making wrong food choices so am a bit scared if truth be known.
Anyway what i am trying to say is that i too have been having probs and think it may be down to hormones so am having blood tests to look into it.
Sorry for rambling :eek:

My TOM has been terrible since my op. For a couple months things were better but in the last 6 months my body just goes crazy during TOM and yes I could eat so much more often. I have found that if I have a 'hungry-hungry-hippo' day (I borrowed that phrase from a long-term post-op, I think it is an excellent visual) I try to double up on my protein. Protein intake when high sends messages to your brain that you are fuller for longer, that is why high protein diet are excellent for volume eaters. Also even though you crave the carbs, or at least I do during TOM, stay away from them as the cause additional food cravings! It is as if they possess you and force you to eat more, those evil simple carbs...

Anyway, you are not alone and I would love to hear any solutions/explainations anyone else has because I struggle too!

Nic:D

i eat more the week before and have pcos which my doc was caused by 3 yrs of no periods due to the implant! as i eat more the week b4 i always know when my totm is coming as tbh it comes when it wants! i can go months without! and i gain 8lbs when im on! grrr! ive found that a better diet and diannete from my doc have helped loads! hope u get sorted soon xx

I have a merina coil and a deppo injection and no periods so no cravings! I know thats not for everyone, especially those who plan on making babies but it works for me! Think Nik is right though - if you get the urge to stuff, stick to veg or fruit or a yogourt.

Hello all :)

Well, I had my bpass done 7 odd months ago, and im very happy with my loss so far.

But i have a slight issue.

After my op, i had the contraceptive implant, and then found i was having my TOM constantly.

When i have my TOM i find my appitite goes up... and i also find my ristriction to be more, and sometimes throw up due to this.

Anyway, i was given the contraceptive pill to take which should stop the bleeding.. however it hasn't it has just made it more irratic.

Im struggling with hunger at the moment.

Over christmas i put a bit of weight on ( a few lbs, cos i ate crap) which i then lost very quickly, and then had a bit of a relaxed ny, and put it on again, and im now loosing it... but i am hungry pretty much all the time... like i can eat my dinner, then 20 mins later, im very hungry.

I can only assume its hormonal, does anyone have any experience of this... do you think perhpas i should consider having my implant removed?

For example today i have eaten:

2/3rds of a weight watchers sausage, with 2 lean bacon bits (the roundish top part only) 1 spoon beans, an egg and 1 slice of weight watchers bread (all this weighed less than 200g)

Steak (103g) salad (67g) and spud (30g of spud)

100g low sugar and salt beans with lf cheese...

I also ate:

1 orange, 1/2 apple, 2 crackers with a little cheese and 1 no sugar peanut butter cup and a few (not many) nuts

Im not that fussed i snacked, id prefer not to... but im so hungry all the time!

I need help please :(

.x.
nskangelofluck.jpg

Glad it's not just me then - I have gone 12 years without a monthly then suddenly I have the op and they are back. I really try to eat more veg when I get the hunger cravings - it has been so difficult over christmas to have the monthly fairy visit but I stuck to what I knew I needed to do and managed to lose a pound!!!!!!! I am really hoping to lose my monthly visiters again but I guess it is a sign of a healthy (or healthier) body

My eating gets erratic too at TOTM. My period has been terrible post op. It was lasting 2 weeks so I went on the pill but I have bled constantly since starting that so hope it settles down on the second pack.

With the eating I try to eat loads of protein ie chicken thighs, cottage cheese as these help stop me grazing and when I feel hungry and cannot manage without something I have a slim a soup.

Thank you all so much for the replies, i'm very glad im not alone in this!!!

can i ask what diannete is??

The snacking on protien is prob a good idea, and if anyone has any ideas of good snacks please let me know!

My TOM is driving me mad, i have been sorta of on since before christmas!!!

Im going to see my dr, and see what she says, but the hunger is driving me mad... and i worry that even if i do snack of fruit or protien, that the increase in cals will be detromental.

When im not on, i dont struggle with hunger at all!
Men! they dont know how lucky they are!!! lol

thank you all so much again!!!

.x.

I've not had a T.O.M. for over 10 years thanks to the mirenna coil..... but since finishing the clexine injections given at hospital I have continually bled for 2 weeks..... did this happen to anyone else?

Back