• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

starting pre op diet tomorrow

kay milburn

im starting my pre op diet tomorrow and in a wierd way im looking forward to it. probably wont be thinking that in 3 days time.

which one you doing hun ??

i had done the low carb high protein one for the last 6weeks

Hi Just joined site hoping to offer and receive support. My husband is starting his pre op diet on 14/07/2010. He's to do the milk only one. Hoping this includes protein shakes, have to check with dietician tomorrow. Anyways good luck with yours and keep us posted.

Last edited:
you should have a sheet from the hospital dietician jem............
jem introduce yourself in the introduction section in your oe=wm thread hun

good luck both of you xx

Thanks Tracey did a little intro. Its actually my hubby whos getting op. When I joined and posted first time thought it was only those doing the surgery who could join and chat then had a bit of look around site and realised how silly I'd been. Didnt need to pretend to be him, to get or offer support. Sorry please forgive me for being such a stupid cow. I'm just going to get sheet he got to see exactly what it says. Sorry feel such a twit. Thanks

Yea just looked at reference booklet no diet shakes just milk 1.1litres, 1-2 low fat yoghurt and 2.4litres of fluid ie water tea squash oxo. Its gonna be hard. How many days have you been on yours.

Sorry your starting tomorrow. My hubby's starting his day after. Good luck I'll be thinking about ya. Keep me posted on how your getting on. It will all be worth it.

His doesnt say anything about jelly or fruit. I had hoped that something like slimfast would be allowed cause they fill you up a bit. Today he's had everything he shouldn't probably do the same tomorrow. I think its going to make it harder come thursday but at the same time I think yes do cause this is the end of pigging out, it has to be healthy and he'll have to think and concentrate on what he eats from now on in.

Back