• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

starting to have doubts

audrasharon

Help, all these horrible little doubts have started to set in since I was cancelled on Tuesday, got so worked up, then ready to go...... now feel in limbo even though I have a new date. Starting top feel the motivation slip . Words of advise please. :eek:

Hi,

I would have hated to have been in the situation you were put in and I feel for you. The only advice I can possibly offer is relax and just let the days roll by until your new date comes along.

Why put yourself through the doubting phase now, you've already got here once before and what's changed now - nothing you're still going for the same op and afterwards will be the start of your new life - you know that's what you want because that's why you're here and why you made the decision to have the op the first time round.

Don't let the doubts into your head, now is the time to be positive and look forward to your new date and your new life. Afterwards you will wonder why you felt like this the results are so worth it - my biggest regret with regards to having this surgery was:

Why the hell didn't I do it earlier

life is way too short and everyone deserves to be happy and besides you get to get a number of whole new wardrobes out of it all :D nothing makes you happier than downsizing your clothing and when your op is out the way and done that's exactly what you will be doing, the op is a doddle all you have to do is have a sleep for an hour or so and it's done.

So time to focus your mind on the future, forget the doubts and just look forward to making everyone else budge up on the losers bench, because you know that's where you want to be, isn't it?

All the very best.

AE.

Hi Audrasharon

As previously mentioned was in the same situation and have admittedly found restarting the milk diet hard going for a second time especially when surgery was so close. Yesterday had a really bad craving for tinned mackeral and gave into it but straight back on it today and most days days consuming up to 400 calories if that. But trying to stay focussed on post op and have set myself a target of losing another stone by surgery date.

Hi Audrasharon

As previously mentioned was in the same situation and have admittedly found restarting the milk diet hard going for a second time especially when surgery was so close. Yesterday had a really bad craving for tinned mackeral and gave into it but straight back on it today and most days days consuming up to 400 calories if that. But trying to stay focussed on post op and have set myself a target of losing another stone by surgery date.

Good luck Muizenberg don't wasted all your hard work! X

Audra hope your ok today ,

Hi Kimberly, not feeling to bad, still coughing and snotty, time will tell. What you going to to this weekend to keep busy? I'm going to be keeping everything crossed for you. Glad you liked mt idea about the t-shirt! :)

Hi Kimberly, not feeling to bad, still coughing and snotty, time will tell. What you going to to this weekend to keep busy? I'm going to be keeping everything crossed for you. Glad you liked mt idea about the t-shirt! :)
Thought it was brilliant , I v got friends staying Saturday , Monday getting hair done , lashes and brows done . Emotionally I'm good have wobbly moments but they don't last . Hope you have a lovely weekend , was work ok ?

Sounds like you have some nice thing planned. Stay positive it can only help. Work have been ok so far. There are just glad I'm around for the next few weeks don't think they have really thought about Christmas yet. Especially as they have put me down for 10 excess hour over each of the two holiday weeks despite me saying I only want to work my contracted hours! Typical NHS try and make you feel guilty. Not having any of it! Obviously if surgery goes ahead wont be there for any of it. You have a great weekend. Keep being strong! X

i see from your post that you work for the nhs. I too work for the nhs and am at the start of my journey having my first appointment with the bariatric physician in portsmouth this coming tuesday (8th april).

can i ask a couple of questions what were your boses like when you told them you were going in for surgery? and also how did you get on with recovery after the gastric sleeve? and also what made you opt for the gastric sleeve over the other surgical options?

I have been looking at the different surgical options and feel that the gastric sleeve is probably the best one for me and just want to get some more information ready for when i see the doctor next week,

thanks for taking time to read this post

Back