• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SOME ADVICE NEEDED

Hi folks, well I had my band fitted on 10th October and am due to go for my first fill on Friday 13th November. This is the last week of my 'mush' diet but feel I have no restriction at all. i didn't get any fill when I got my band in and am worried as I feel so hungry and seem to be able to eat a lot until I get that pain that tells me I have had enough... I have started to introduce normal foods back into my diet but chewing well (cheese etc) but am worried it hasn't worked.... I wonder did anyone else feel like this when they got the band in with no fill until they got their first fill? I have lost 1 stone since my surgery date but not losing any more and have put a little bit back on as seem to be eating much more.... Dietician appt planned for this week was cancelled and they have to reschedule so don't have anyone to ask.... Drinking loads of water etc and waiting up to 1 hr after meals but keep snacking in between (low fat cheese triangles, jelly, yoghurt etc) which can't be normal. Thanks girlies. :confused:

Hi Julie

Sorry im not a bander so cant really help although I am sure I have read in other posts that this is quite normal. Hope someone comes along soon who can help

Take care Xx

Hi Julie, don't worry. It is perfectly normal to put on weight between having the band fitted and your first fill. It still amazes me hoe some providers do not educate people enough about the band. It then leads to people panicking that it hasn't worked.

I had 4 fills before I got any restriction. I was lucky as my provider put a large fill in to start with (6ml) and then let me have fills every 2/3 weeks until I got restriction.

The band does not start working until you get restriction and hit the sweet spot. So many people think it is like a bypass and starts working straight away.

Unfortunately until you get that restriction you will have to rely on will power.

You are doing great, well done!! a stone gone and once you get restriction the rest will follow don't worry.

it is as sue said perfectly normal it can take a few fills to get any restriction just depends how much they give you but with each fill you will be able to eat less and the consistencys you can eat will change it a long proscess but worth it hang in there and shout if you need support we have all been thru it x

Thanks glad to read this,finding i could eat a lot more than i allow myself my first fill from 19/9 is not till 23/11( 10 wks) so its really hard i am going to ask for at least 5mls for first fill.

Sure we will do fine, do you get the (iron fist feeling) when you eat like something in top of chest is that the time to stop or stop before you get that.?

Thanks Mia

Hi yes - I do get that feeling in my chest when i have eaten too much and I stop or I would be sick.... But to be honest it takes a while before I get that feeling in my chest.... Hoping that the first fill will make a difference!!! have you lost any weight yet?

Back