• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Need a boost starting to flag.....

charliegirl

My positive mood of last week is starting to slip into the gutter! I had a really bad nights sleep yet again and woke feeling worn out and cancelled plans to go and visit my friend as I feel emotional and dont want to start crying. I hate not being able to sleep properly. I do all sorts to make my bedroom welcoming but after the first few hours of sleep my breathing starts waking me up and then I toss and turn all night long and I am so warm in bed despite swopping my feather duvet for a summer weight one....just need something to keep my hopes alive as my stomach gets bigger and I struggle to even turn over these days..... :(

you poor thing im not good at night for different reasons not medically reccomended but if my sleep has gone to pot i stay awake all night on a friday then on the saturday night im dropping and sleep thru again not great way to do it but works for me , any sleep deprevation can play havoc with moods and energy levels hope it gets beeter for you

Its only 3 weeks on Saturday till our Trafford Centre trip :D that's got to be a little boost?

Are they not doing anything about the sleep apnoea then Linda? Not got you on a CPAP or anything? Have you tried them breath right nasal strips, I know the nose isn't the problem but anything that opens any part of the airways might help a little bit?

Try and focus on the positives, you've come so far and there isn't much further to go :) :hug99:

Thanks Serenity and shel.....was sat here listing items on ebay feeling a big black could was hanging over my head when the phone went and it was Lousia. She has spoken to the PCT today and the good news is the clinicians have approved my application and it has now been passed to the panel who will be sitting this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Louisa said it was a very big step to get it passed the clinicians so it looks very very hopeful....she also said I would be going private although the NHS will be funding it so I will get a nice break in a good hospital, she further said the letter from the dietician last week is wrong I will be seeing one of their dieticians and it will only take a matter of days to organise.....so thank you very much lousia if your reading this....my black cloud has moved out of the way...xx:):):):):):)

Brilliant News Linda

You will be soon joining us on the loosing side very soon,keep thinking positive dont let the big black clouds near again,you have my number text me anytime i really dont mind.

Fingers crossed for you.

xxxx

Ah thanks Di, how you feeling today? Can you actually feel the balloon in your stomach? I imagine it would wobble when I walked! ...xx

I am gr8 thanx Linda,
Still getting stomach cramps but thats all part and parcel of the process,i havent been sick which is good news and means i am not overeating.(can you over eat on slimfast ?)
Lol at feeling it wobble when you walk,what you like x
But saying that i am sure i can feel it move when i am turning over in bed at night though lol.

Hope you keep that smile you now have

xxx

Great news Linda :) really pleased for you.

HC I doubt it will be before you but if I get the go ahead this week it will be great. Lousia is phoning them again on friday but I think the woman that deals with it does not work fridays, not sure now as dealt with that much lol...xx

I am new to this group but I have read some of your threads and am so happy that you are almost there. It will be all the sweeter for you when you get your surgery date! Sometimes, for the things we need, we have to fight. For you, it seems you have waged a full out war, so enjoy the fact that you have almost won! Don't let your morale fade in the last bit, you've come so far!

Best of luck,
PG:wave_cry:

I am new to this group but I have read some of your threads and am so happy that you are almost there. It will be all the sweeter for you when you get your surgery date! Sometimes, for the things we need, we have to fight. For you, it seems you have waged a full out war, so enjoy the fact that you have almost won! Don't let your morale fade in the last bit, you've come so far!

Best of luck,
PG:wave_cry:

Thanks so much, I am a bit like a cat on a hot tin roof this week as I know the decision is getting made, wish I knew which day but I suppose that would make me worse.....good luck to you too....xx

Hiya glad your feeling a bit brighter, hopefully you wont have to wait too much longer for your surgery date are you going for a bypass or a band?
Take care and fingers crossed for you. xx

Back