• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Step to Christmas - **CHALLENGE**

thanks for working it all out for us :hugs:

Tuesday 27th November

Tues 12900
Today 14100, nights tonight & tomorrow & Friday night
Bummer but think of the extra hours earned in lieu time, I only agree to work if I can get time back x
Anyone done Dubai??
Thinking of a little February break, never been there x x

Hope it goes quick for you Treasure xx

Tues 12900
Today 14100, nights tonight & tomorrow & Friday night
Bummer but think of the extra hours earned in lieu time, I only agree to work if I can get time back x
Anyone done Dubai??
Thinking of a little February break, never been there x x

I went on a UAE cruise last year in February. Birmingham to Dubai and then boarded the ship in Dubai went to Bahrain, Oman twice and Abu Dhabi then back to Bahrain. I absolutely HATED Dubai, its horrible. Imagine Blackpool but on an enormous scale. The buildings are lovely but once you've seen them, there really isn't much to do but shop and be given evil looks...especially when you're blonde hair blue eyes like me...they don't like us very much which is a shame. I was spat at by someone and barged by 2 women, sent me flying.

Abu Dhabi on the other hand, breath taking, its as if it is what Dubai is trying to be. I would recommend it to anyone, so peaceful and stunning xxx

I am going to Dubai at the end of April and looking forward to it very much xxx
oh no, I feel sorry for my review of it now, I wrote it before I saw yours. See if you can get a trip to Abu Dhabi when you go, you'll see what I mean. xxx Take lots of clothes to cover up, ankle to neck unless you're on your resort xxx

Sorry it's very late. I haven't done a tally since 11th November.
However, collectively we have walked over A MILLION steps since 11th November.

1,005,805 steps taken since then! That's absolutely amazing.
That alone is 503 Miles!

In total we have now walked 1438 Miles!
By now, we could have walked to Odesa, Ukraine!

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! View attachment 21076
Wow that is amazing. Love the little fact thrown in that we could have walked to Odesa, puts it into perspective . Thanks hun x

Yesterday 3867
Today 5010

oh no, I feel sorry for my review of it now, I wrote it before I saw yours. See if you can get a trip to Abu Dhabi when you go, you'll see what I mean. xxx Take lots of clothes to cover up, ankle to neck unless you're on your resort xxx
I don’t think we will be going out of the resort much as my son’s wife is going to Lithuania at that time for a tummy tuck so we are going to Dubai with him and his children so it will be all about them. I am very aware that I would have to cover up if I went out. I am sorry that the people were so hostile, so I will be extra careful xxxx

Wednesday 28th November

I don’t think we will be going out of the resort much as my son’s wife is going to Lithuania at that time for a tummy tuck so we are going to Dubai with him and his children so it will be all about them. I am very aware that I would have to cover up if I went out. I am sorry that the people were so hostile, so I will be extra careful xxxx

The resorts there are really nice, I think I went there in the hope of finding some sort of interesting culture but I failed lol. We went to a museum there which was quite interesting, has the history of Dubai, how they found pearls and then oil etc. We went to the gold market there, where they have the biggest gold ring in the world. That's where I was spat at, very intimidating, they don't agree with the women walking alongside their partner, they have to walk in front of them which we did for the most part until we sat down for a rest and because we were sat next to each other, we got some horrible looks. We went to a mosque in Dubai too, Jumeirah Mosque, which was absolutely stunning. The women dressed us up in the traditional dressing and they were giving away free books about their religion which was quite interesting. Then we whitnessed a prayer and the building was stunning, just a shame about the city it is in lol xx

The resorts there are really nice, I think I went there in the hope of finding some sort of interesting culture but I failed lol. We went to a museum there which was quite interesting, has the history of Dubai, how they found pearls and then oil etc. We went to the gold market there, where they have the biggest gold ring in the world. That's where I was spat at, very intimidating, they don't agree with the women walking alongside their partner, they have to walk in front of them which we did for the most part until we sat down for a rest and because we were sat next to each other, we got some horrible looks. We went to a mosque in Dubai too, Jumeirah Mosque, which was absolutely stunning. The women dressed us up in the traditional dressing and they were giving away free books about their religion which was quite interesting. Then we whitnessed a prayer and the building was stunning, just a shame about the city it is in lol xx
Sounds fascinating. Why do people behave like that. It is a shame because it puts me off going out. I will just concentrate on my grandchildren that week anyway xxx

Back