• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

RNY Gastric Bypass Geocaching - treasure hunting

JayHobbs

Slowly Shrinking

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would let you know about my 'saddo' hobby. Its called Geocaching and is a world wide treasure hunt.

I have been doing this for 12 months now and found it great excercise pre-op as it gets me out walking and gives me a goal to work too. Even when I am shattered, I just feel I need to find 'just one more' I treated myself to a pedometer and each week I am shocked to see the miles I have walked. Before discovering this hobby, I would struggle to walk 500 yards! Now I am doing 5 miles at a time :eek:

I had a fair bit of stick from some of my friends when I told them, but once they joined me and tried it, they are all now hooked.

A large group of us go out most weekends, ages from 12yrs to 60yrs and we have found some lovely, outdoor places of beauty which we never would have found without this hobby.

All you need is a GPS device and most modern phones have GPS included or available to download. I can not say how much fun and exercise I have been gaining with this hobby.

There are geocahches (treasures) all over the world. so we can do this even when we go abroad on holiday.

I just wanted to share :D

Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site

Back