• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Steph's Random Chatter Thread

Oh Ill definately be sticking with it and buying more, purely for the smell of it lol its on offer in Asda at the moment too.
Steph xx

hiya steph - sounds like youve had a luvly chilaxing sunday evening!
i was just catching up with this post and was thinkin...what about renewing your vows? if your going buy a new ring anyway - how good would it be to get wed again now your slim? imagine that luvly slim dress lol

It would be a long complicated story to explain why we wont renew our vows lol
My hubbys family are salvation army folks and his grandma is qualified to officially bless my new ring, so we will have her do that when we get it.
Steph xx

ooo that sound right good and sound similar to renewal of vows - is that right? will you get dressed up for the occasion and that? x

Noooo lol She is moving up here from Weymouth in March and we will just sit down with her and get her to bless the ring and us and we will probably then say a prayer. I may well wear a nice outfit that day but nothing special, would look silly sat in my in-laws house all done up lol
Steph xx

aw steph, that sounds really really good, and it will add to the occasion of having a new ring, i think its lovely. will you wear your ring first, or get it blessed before you wear it. if you decide your gonna wear it first, you could like you said, get it to fit snug now, and then you knw your covered. its funny but my weight came off my arms and hands right at the beginning, so im hoping that i dont lose any more from there now, as it can be hard enuff to get rings in a J, and if i go down any further i will be an 'I',which i know is even harder to get. mind u, even our sarahs ring isnt tight on me now, im gonna have to be careful when my hands are cold, cos it could slip off. im hoping now that my stomach is gonna go, its already going down well. just wish it had come off there a bit sooner.
your gonna have to take some pics of the new ring when you get it. and im so gladyou had a nice chilling evening.
big hugs xx

Yep I will definately take a picture when I get my new ring.
Feeling crappy today, Ive woken up with a poorly chest and cough and feeling sorry for myself, most of my family have had it so Im not really shocked, but I do feel horrible, I just want to cuddle up on the sofa nice and warm and drink hot drinks all day, but Ive got work in a bit and then I have an afternoon of house cleaning to look forward to (hubby has his mind set on doing it so no choice really) so I feel sorry for myself. Hopefully we can get enough done to be able to snuggle up warm this evening...:fingerscrossed:
So right now...:needhug:
Steph xx

aw poor steph, i feel for you huni, specially having to out in the cold and then probably stand out in the cold playground, its not gonna do u much good, cant you go to the docs and get a sick note for a few days, you really should be in and restng. i wonder if this is why youve been so tired the last couple of weeks, maybe your body was fighting this and making you tired. your poor body was saying to you, im fighting infection, slow down and let me win, and you were running round like a headless chicken, lol. i really think you shoud be having a few duvet days hun, great big hugs n snugsxx

Yep I definately think that this thing has been bubbling away and has just now broken out. I dont mind doing the hour and a bit of work, if it was a full time job then I would go on the sick but for the tiny bit of time Im out its not worth it, the kids were brats today though and now my throat hurts from having to shout at them (getting your voice heard across a yard full of screaming kids is hard and they were the other side of it but needed stopping way before I could get to them) so came home and did the cleaning with hubby and now Im finally snuggled under a fleece in my warm living room, so its all good.
I had my first serious 'dont lose any more weight' experience today. One of the ladies I work with has known me since I was a little girl, her daughter was very nearly my sister in law so she is quite close to me from the past, anyway, on the way out of work she said "youre not going to be losing more weight are you Steph?" and I said "yes, another stone at least, maybe two". Her face paled and she looked truly worried and she said "oh please dont, you look so well as you are now, if you get any slimmer you will look ill" and I just smiled and said "yes but youre just not used to a slimmer me, you have always known me as a big girl, your mind just struggles to see the new me" and she said "please, dont lose any more please". Ive seen that a few people on here have had the same kind of thing said to them recently and I knew someone would eventually say it, but I kind of expected it to be done in a kind of jealous way, not the total concern that this lady said it with. Obviously I am hoping to lose more weight, I dont mind if I dont but I would like to, so I expect to hear a few more of those comments, but I must admit that I was totally shocked with her passion about the subject.
Hope you are all well, specially my Dawn :) xxx
Steph xx

Hia Stephie. Sorry you're feeling wuff honey. Me too, I'm sat on the sofa sneezing and snuffling.
I can't imagine how you felt, being told not to lose more weight. I'm trying to imagine how I would feel. Mainly frustrated I think. About 3 weeks before my surgery, someone very seriously and kindly begged me to re-consider. I was very frustrated and very shaken. If it had been someone who was jealous or man-spirited I could have coped better, but because I like this lady and believe she likes me, it rattled me.
But having said that, only you know how you feel, what you feel you should weigh etc. I know I want to be a size 10 and that will have me very small. No doubt I will get the same comments. But as long as I know I'm healthy and happy I shall ignore them.

I had to get a bigger wedding ring when I gained loads of weight a few years ago. The week before lt was suddenly so big it began to fall off...fortunately I'd kept the old one, so back on it went. Unfortunately the new one is white gold and I have a very beautiful (and expensive) eternity ring, also in white gold. I shall probably have to have it re-sized, but maybe even completely re-set, as it's 5 diamonds right across my finger. When that happens, I think I shall look to getting a new wedding ring too! I fancy a white goldone with diamonds in it! I LOVE diamonds! Very Marilyn Munroe!

I'm interested to hear about your hubby having a Sally Army background. You're very spiritual people, aren't you?
hugs
Charis xxx

Ooohhhh, got to love a bit of bling hehe
Hubby isnt particularly spritual, he is very scientific minded and that conflicts with his sally army upbringing (they did go over to united reformed for a lot of his teen years mind you, before going back to the army). I was brought up C of E and have a basic belief that there is something bigger out there, though I am a complete mish mash of ideas, I believe in many different things. I am a spirit medium (not by profession, I dont use it much at all, just an aspect of me) and so I am very spiritual that way, I dont know, I just have many different ideas about it all and like to keep an open mind.
Steph xx

Hi Steph,

Good to hear from you and I would take it as a compliment that you have been told that you have lost enough weight... it's really up to you how you feel most importantly.

I like to have my faith and to share loving thoughts will people, I find it doesn't cost any more to be polite and considerate.

If I can't see the good in people I don't say anything, but I am a believer in faith, love and loyalty.

My candles are always awaiting to send peace to anyone in need and I really always want the best for people...

I live a very simplistic life here in Wales and prefer it this way.... it's not a complicated life and I feel very much at peace with myself.

Sending loving hugs as always to you and all xxx

I'm a pentecostal Christian. Although I don't much care about denominations to be honest. I do have a particular faith, but I also try to respect others' belief systems. Though I'm not sure about the whole medium thing, I do move in something known as the prophetic. Before I became a Christian, I used to dabble a lot in the occult, and see, experience ghosts etc. I lived in a haunted house with a flipping nuisance poltergeist for quite a few years! :eek:

Not something I'd like to repeat, I have to admit! I wouldn't dabble in what i'd regard as the occult now, but I do think people who are 'spiritual' have a great deal of similarities.

Oh I definately take it as a compliment, it must mean that I have lost a noticeable amount of weight, I left work smiling anyway. :)
Youre just lovely Beverlie x
Steph xx

hi stephi babes, glad you managed to get through the day huni, i was a bit worried about you this morning, and i must admit, i didnt really think youd manage it, i just dont want you to end up really poorly. but, you did it, lol. well ive been a complete wimp and had a duvet day, but im going out tomorrow, gonna see me mum for an hour or so. i reckon youve got the right idea as regarding any more weight loss, leave it up to your body, thats the way im gonna do it, no point trying to kill yourself if your body is happy where it is, is there? either way, you look great so if u never lost another ounce youd be ok, but, time will tell.
thats interesting to know, about you being a spirit medium, oooh i need to know more, you girl of m any hidden talents. one of these days we'll have to have a good conflab about that.
anyway, make sure you stay nice n cosy, and u need plenty of cosy cuddles off hubby, a nice hug always makes u feel better.
big hugs n snuggles, xxx

Its nice to see people of faith being open minded about my abilities, most usually accuse me of being in cahoots with the devil! lol I personally respect all faiths, each to their own and all of that lol

Dawn...thanks for those hugs and snuggles, I enjoyed them :D
I promise not to let myself get really poorly, I am now sat on a very warm sofa in my nighty and am drinking a hot cup of blackcurrant juice yummmmmmmm
If you ever fancy a conflab about anything just message me or shout me over onto the chat room xx

Steph xx

ooh i might just take you up on that soon stephi hun, but ill wait ill your feeling a lot better and stronger, at the moment you need all your energy to fight off the lurgy. just make sure you wrap up warm tomorrow if you go into work, cos changes in temp wont do you a lot of good. im going over to see my mum tomorrow, all being well, and if im up to it, i might even drive, woo hoo, ive not been able to drive for almost 3 yrs now, and my youngest daughter passed her test in jan, so she now drives my car, i plucked up the courage to drive it a couple of weeks ago, but only for about a mile, but i paid for it the next day, sooo sore. anyway, i might try tomorrow again, but its 8 miles to mums, so we'll have to see. wish me luck. anyway babes, take care, and keep warm n snug. more hugs n snugges on their way over to you,... catch....... xx

Good luck with the driving honey, I hope you dont end the day in too much pain xx
I went to the diabetes clinic today to the discharge clinic, the doctor was lovely and he was very supportive. He said that he isnt used to being able to say "your diabetes is cured", but to all intents and purposes, mine is! My hba1c was 4.8, which he said is fantastic and everything about me just says that Im not diabetic now. He wanted to arrange a glucose tolerance test but I explained about the bypass and that I would become rather unwell if they gave me glucose, so he said that they wont do that then and will just say that he is confident that I am 'cured'. He still wants me to have the annual eye and foot checks, he said that as I wass exposed to such high blood sugars for so long that he wants me to continue to be checked now and then for another two or three years, if after that point everything is as it is now then I will be signed off of everything. He said that I may well get gestational diabetes if I become pregnant, so to be prepared for that, he made a note that I have very low sugar tolerance for the future in case they want to diagnose gestational diabetes with a glucose tolerance test. He said that he runs the clinic for pregnant women so if I do suffer in pregnancy then I will see him again (I dont mind, he was lush and was a lovely guy lol). But yes, he is pretty happy to say I am no longer diabetic, but I will still have community care and checks for a couple more years just to safeguard my health. He was soooooooo pleased for me hehe
I then went and visited my husbands aunty, she hasnt seen me since months before the op and she had just had an operation to remove a brain tumour last time I saw her, so she loved seeing the new me and I loved seeing the healthier new her, so that was nice.
On the way home I stopped in at the hairdressers and had my hair cut, its better now but as my mum is home today for a few hours I might ask her can she just finish it off for me, then Ill be happy with it, at least you can see my nice slender(ish) neck now...yay lol
And now Im home and comfy, I made sure not to be back for work, I had warned them that my appointment might run late and so we thought sod it and I stayed off lol
So yep, thats my day so far...in summary...doctors happy...diabetes cured...aunty in law looking well and my hair looks a bit fresher now.
Hope everyone is well xxx
Steph xx

sounds bloooming fantastic to me steph! congratulations on being cured! thats brilliant! put some piccies on so we can see the new hair do!
loads luv from
meee!

Thanks sweety xxx
Ill put some pics on when Im happy with my hair, right now its piddling me off and Ill ask my mum to finish it off, I got so sick of the stupid hairdresser farting around that I just said yes thats nice and left, so when its sorted Ill get a picture up.
Steph xx

Back