• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Steph's Random Chatter Thread

aw wow steph, what fantastic news hun, im so thrilled for you, the good news just gets better and better dosnt it, the world is your oyster babes, woo hoo. so pleased aunty looked well and thought you did too, what a great day overall eh. and soon youll have your hair sorted out too. so you can have a great chillax tonight, and take it all in. fantastic.
i went to mums, then kristi took me to comet to get some scales with some vouchers i won a few weeks ago, they didnt have any, so went into boots 3 doors down, and got some for £15.99, the ww ones were £25.99, sack that i got the boots ones. at least now ive got a benchmark, cos i can use the same ones every time i weigh myself. i weighed myself on them when i got home, and fully dressed with trainers on, i was 10st 4lb. buut with just pjs on i am 10st 2lb. they weigh heavier than scales ive used rcently, but hey, at least i can get an accurate weight now. i know ive not put weight on, cos i can tell by clothes etc, and what ppl say, so thats my d ay. im knackered, and am hurting, but i expect that, ill just have some liquid gold later if i cant handle it.
congrats again babes, im sooooo thrilled for you. great big hugs n snugs xxx

Goodness Dawn that is amazing weight to be, I would love to be back at that weight, not been there since I was in senior school!

Good news from you to today Steph... glad your aunt in law is feeling better.

Lovely to have some positivity sharing around, thanks for that and I'm always so pleased to hear good news...

Love and hugs to all xxx

im chuffed bev too, ive not been this weight for 20 odd years, i started out at 13st 5lb. so have lost 3 stone now, but im only 4'8 so for me i was quite heavy, id like to get down to 9st, which is what i was when i got married. well id like to get down to 8st but ill be very surprised it i manage that, so 9 will do. but ill let my body decide, im not gonna fret over it. as long as mr ross my spinal surgeon is happy, then it will do for me, lol. im just waiting to get into my size 14 jeans at the moment, i can get them on, and just about fasten them, but i cant stand being restricted, so ill wait till i can comfortably fasten them. how are u feeling tody bev, are you feeling any better hun, i hope you are. big hugs xx

Thanks guys xx My mum sorted my hair out for me so it looks better than it did after the hairdresser had done it but Im still not convinced I like it and so I might not share any pictures until I either start liking it or it grows a little bit. At least I can see my lovely long(ish) neck no lol
Ooohhh Dawn, that is fantastic, that is a brilliant weight to be, I am soooooo happy for you xx
I was telling my mum today about the woman in work who said I shouldnt lose any more weight and my mum said "yes but you WONT be losing any more now will you?" and when I said yes, at least another 17lbs she looked concerned and said that she thinks that I am perfect as I am now but much slimmer and I might be a bit too slim. That did shock me as I dont care what the work woman thinks, but this is my mum, she is mega supportive and always positive and only says what is in her heart, so for her to say that just stopped me in my tracks a little bit. Obviously Ill carry on losing for a while yet with any luck and its what I (and my surgeon) think is best that will determine where I stop, but it is interesting to get two of these opinions now, especially when one is from someone thats opinion matters so much to me.
Steph xx

Hi Steph. Great news on the not being a diabetic front. I'm well chuffed for you petal. Have you had your hair cut shorter? I'm looking forward to seeing it.
Love n hugs
Charis xx

I have had my hair cut to the length that I used to have it before the op, its a bit shorter than I have been used to for a while, but sod it, Im going to share a photo I just did...it is a comparison of when I used to have this 'do' and me today with this 'do', I personally can see a bit of a difference lol
Thanks Charis xx
Steph xx

P.S Here is the picture...
stephprepostop.jpg

your are really beutifull steph! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

your hair is v nice! it looks very shiny and full of bounce - mine looks dead and flat to my head! lol im a poet and i dint even know it, lol

Awwwww thank you xxx
Mine was lay all flat and limp so I went and washed it, slapped some volumising mousse onto it and blow dried it, got some nice volume to it now. Its really strange because this is the Stephie hairdo, I always had it like this, then I kept it slightly longer for a while because I felt like it enhanced the size of my body, I looked like this little head on this huge body, so seeing it now on a much smaller body is strange, Ill get back used to it but its bizarre feeling lol
Steph xx

Your hair looks great Steph really suits you,and congrats on getting ride of your diabetes must make you feel great xxx

Stephie your hair looks beautiful.....and really suits your face...and what absolutely remarkable 'before and after pictures'! You hardly even look like the same woman!
Truly amazing girl!
Hugs xxxxx

oh steph it looks lovely, lol you n me both have the same problem, very short necks, but mine looks similar to yours now, so it does look longer than it used to. i suspect your mum is being protective when she says youve lost enough, dont forget theyve not seen you this slim for a long long time. thats why ive decided to let my own body decide, when its happy, itll settle. its funny though, cos i got a look at myself again in my mums mirror today, and apart from my tummy, i cant believe how good i looked, i dont feel as slim as i look, and now its starting to come off my tummy, im really happy.
ill have to gt a pic of me up soon, but im not sure how to do it, ill have to try n suss it out. mind you it wont b a nice close up like yours, cos im a bit older than you are, and ive got more lines etc lol.
big hugs, xxx

lol, i wish babes. what did hubby say about your new look, bet he was spellbound wasnt he. hope your feeling better today huni, i mean cold etc wise, wrap up warm when u go to work. hugs xx

Im back to my old 'do' so he didnt react particularly strongly but he did say I look cute lol
Its wet here today so we will more than likely have an indoor playtime portion of lunchtime, so Ill be sat comfortably in a warm classroom, all good :).
Well, my day started early, hubby left for work and realised he had left his keys in the house, so he called me to run the keys down to the back gate...I wasnt very impressed as I was in a lovely sleep and so I blearily trogged downstairs and took the keys out to him...in the rain! lol I stayed up then, wasnt worth going back to bed just for the hour.
Got a beef casserole in the slow cooker...mmmmm, the house will smell glorious all day and my mouth will be watering loads lol
I hope everyone has a great day xx
Steph xx

oooh i can smell it from here, i havent got a clue what im gonna have today, have just had my pro biotic drink, migt have an egg later on, other than that, no idea, lol. i hate thinking abot food just for me, illprobably end up with a readymeal for tea lol, or some frozen cauliflower cheese. i cant stand long enough to cook anything now, so my food choices have to be things that i can do really quick, like shoving a spud in the oven, or somthing in the microwave.

Happy Friday all xxx
I have a week off now, using it to get back in touch with my pouch, eating habits and to kick my food demons ass!!!
How is everyone else?
Steph xx

hi steph, im doing that 5 day pouch test, im on day 2 today, so i can have food tomorrow. my loss has slowed right down, ive only lost 2lb in the last 6wks, so im just trying to kick start it, plus get my eating back on track, i need to eat more protein.

so you got a week of next week then, does that mean its half term already, wow. thats gone quick.
see ya soon, hugs xx

Yup half term, next stop Christmas!!! lol
I was going to do that too Dawn but it sounded very complicated so Im going to do my own version of it. Im not having nearly enough protein and Im being a little picker, never really bad things but little snacks quite often and its allowing me to eat more at meal times (unless its protein and then my pouch tells me off pretty quick!!) and I hate it, I dont want to feel 'normal' food wise, I always loved that my amounts were so tiny, I want that back.
My plan is to stick with my porridge in a morning (gives my pills something to work on after that half hour wait, some pills can make me nauseaus if I have an empty tummy) and then crack open a small tin of tuna for lunch, sit with a fork and eat that...mid afternoon protein shake, lots of water inbetween, things like fish, prawns, eggs or soup for dinner and then a mid evening 'snack' of a protein shake. Surely my weight has to shift a bit on that regime of protein and extra liquids and my pouch should get used to eating much less food again...thats the hope anyway lol
I personally think that the harder work comes further out from surgery, as we are finding huh
Steph xx

Last edited:
Back