• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Still feeling rubbish......

ThinnerJemima

Here all the time.....
Only a few days to I am 5 weeks post-op and sadly have had 5 of the most miserable weeks of my life.

I don't seem to be able to shake the tiredness which ranges from just plain old tired to utter utter exhaustion.

And then there's the nausea, endless, endless, endless......

And the sickness, only saliva but just buckets of it and not in relation to eating, just happens any time when I am minding my own business and my tummy rebels.

And the worst part, after venturing into food, for one pureed 300g ready meal which was an epic fail have been on fluids since the op with no end in sight. Was on liquids for a few slightly mad reasons before the op for 5 weeks, now nearly 5 weeks post-op. 10 weeks on mostly milk, with a very slight detour into soup (yuk).

What is wrong with me??????

But very cloud has a sliver lining, still no need to shave my legs

Need some light at the end of the tunnel (and soon would be good) :cry:

Ready meals contain a lot of hidden sugar. Try cooking meals from scratch with all fresh ingredients, that may help. I'd also ring your bariatric team for advice regarding the nausea and sliming. As for the tiredness, it can take a while to shake it off. Hope your feeling better soon xx

I've been told to stay on fluids, so had just the one 'meal' over a couple of days, a while back.

Mostly only been having puréed rhubarb & strawberries with milk or yoghurt. Occasional but regular soup but am not too keen on it.

Am doing loads do walking for exercise, but not too mad. 45 mins. Rest. Walk home.

Awww, poor you *Hugs*
Well I was exactly like you after my op, I was as sick as a dog for months.
Eating was a nightmare, I hated everything about food, and never wanted to deal with it ever again.
But that feeling does pass, and now, when I get a day when I'm constantly hungry I pine for those miserable days lol
It does pass, however if you're worried then get yourself checked out by the hospital as it's always better to be safe than sorry :)

Poor you , didn't want to really hear this , what has Marcus said?
I'm still away and enjoying my last 3 weeks before my pre op starts.x

After 11 hours and counting of horrible nausea and tiredness am seriously losing the will to live now....

Enjoy your holiday Helen and your last few weeks of (sensible) but free eating. See you on the 2nd July at Wallington?

I almost can't remember what food was like as it's been so long.

Can't wait to I love my bypass, it certainly can't get much worse than I've already had. Had a re-admission and endoscopy a couple of weeks ago. Joy of joys :cry:

Back