• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Still undecided

MJLDPS

My date for surgery looms ever nearer, I go for my pre op assessment this week when I will be put back on to the milk diet for the final time, I've put 2.5% of the 5% I lost back on again though, so I don't know what they will say about that, I'm still worried about feeling hungry after the op, I know I will not be able to.eat hardly anything but will I feel hungry, does anyone know, and what are the tablets they give you ti take the day before and the morning of the surgery? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well speaking personally, I am 6 weeks out & rarely feel hungry & if I have felt like something not strictly on my diet, I have a small amount of it & am so easily satisfied there is no harm done. It is a life altering operation, not a life ending one.:) We all have a good life post op even though we had the same doubts you are experiencing now. :D:D xx

I took my usual meds on the morning of the op, heart ones etc.

When they do the op, you don't use the bottom part of your stomach anymore where the ghrelin is produced which is the chemical that sends the message to your brain to tell it you're hungry. So you don't get hungry anymore and my surgeon and the dietician both said that you have to remember to eat. If you live on your own the dietician said you should set the alarm on your mobile to remind you. HTHs

Kate x

My date for surgery looms ever nearer, I go for my pre op assessment this week when I will be put back on to the milk diet for the final time, I've put 2.5% of the 5% I lost back on again though, so I don't know what they will say about that, I'm still worried about feeling hungry after the op, I know I will not be able to.eat hardly anything but will I feel hungry, does anyone know, and what are the tablets they give you ti take the day before and the morning of the surgery? Thanks.

You will get hungry after your op but 2 spoonfuls and your completely stuffed!! and for ages too :D

Im not sure which tablets you mean, I didnt take any medication from the night before surgery and I was on insulin.

Good luck xxx

Hi hun, you wont feel as hungry after your op, i had the sleeve and do get the occasional rumbles, but you will still need will power not to eat the bad things you used to love to eat, its not easy but well worth it.

You can feel hungry after your op, I usually do at lynch time bur not really any other time! Just eat slow or have a drink and feeling will usually pass x

I am 10 months post op and can probably count on one hand the number of times I have felt hungry since my op. Personally speaking.... this op is the best thing I ever did for myself. Good luck

Just like tink1974 I have hardly ever been hungry since my op. Certainly NEVER in the first 6 months. Wanting to eat something yes but really hungry no.

Hi MJLDPS

I am now in my eighth week since my gastric bypass and have noticed that in the last couple of weeks I have began to feel hungry at times. But the feeling passes with just a few mouthfuls of food or even a drink. It is a lot easier to handle than pre-op hunger pangs. The only problem I seem to have is to sometimes eat to fast which gives me a great deal of discomfort, but this passes after an hour or so. This also acts as a deterrent to stop you from over eating.
stavros:)

Peterborough guy yes I am at L&D, was there today in fact, was given all my meds for night before surgery and had my pre op assessment, no one has been able to give me.a definate answer regarding slow release tablets and if they will work after the surgery as well as they did before, the two that concern me are zomorph and venlafaxine, does anyone on here know?

I took my usual meds on the morning of the op, heart ones etc.

When they do the op, you don't use the bottom part of your stomach anymore where the ghrelin is produced which is the chemical that sends the message to your brain to tell it you're hungry. So you don't get hungry anymore and my surgeon and the dietician both said that you have to remember to eat. If you live on your own the dietician said you should set the alarm on your mobile to remind you. HTHs

Kate x

Wow what a feeling that must be....having to remember to eat.:eek:

Thanks for that insight Kate....I really think that i'll go for a Sleeve should i have a choice.

Andy xx

Back