• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

confused

Nicola robinson

having a bad time on low carb diet day three feeling anxious about the op contemplating the idea of not having it done I have lost 4st since January doing slimming world the first time really focusing on eating is feeling like this normal. Can I do it on my own? or will I be letting myself down? how long before you can eat a small meal properly can you still go out for meals in the future? what are the big no nos of food? so undecided worried about what I will look like when the fat goes (loose skin) when can I drive after the op? :cry:

Hi Nicola :)

By sounds of it yes u prob could lose it on ur own. However it's maintaining the loss! And keeping the diet going! I lost 3 stone 2 years ago and put 3.5 back! It's maintaining and sustaining the diet! But it is entirely ur decision. But remember the reasons u wanted the op in the first place 2. I had my sleeve done last Monday and drove 2day for the first time with no problems. xxxx

Oh dear. If it helps I felt like this before my sleeve op. you have done so well.
For me I too used to go to slimming world & definitely had my most successful weight loses there. Done weight watchers, Slimfast, lighter life, all of the except Atkins.
Always put it back on & then some. In discussions with my surgeon he told me my surgery was the only way for me. I am so glad I went for it. I am 4 months post op, love my sleeve & love my new found weight loss figure. There are ups & downs & you have to learn new ways but it is so worth it honest. Food wise I can only eat tiny portions & still introducing new foods. Mainly we find pasta rice bread difficult to tolerate but ome find it OK. You have to get in your protein first on a dily basis so meat, fish, poultry, beans & pulses etc. then you can eat small helpings of fruit & veg. Keep fts & carbs very low. Funny hrough I was a carboholic before now don't even want it. Yes still go out for meals, nibble small bits, went to Michel Roux's restaurant last week, Indian meal on Saturday, but tiny tasters. Still a foodie & cook & bake , just don't eat it! Love all my cookery progs on tv & foodie magazines. Loose skin well trying to exercise. Driving 2 weeks post op when dr & insurance gave me the ok.
Hope you work it out & make the right choice for you. Tons of support on here.

Nicola robinson said:
having a bad time on low carb diet day three feeling anxious about the op contemplating the idea of not having it done I have lost 4st since January doing slimming world the first time really focusing on eating is feeling like this normal. Can I do it on my own? or will I be letting myself down? how long before you can eat a small meal properly can you still go out for meals in the future? what are the big no nos of food? so undecided worried about what I will look like when the fat goes (loose skin) when can I drive after the op? :cry:

I have done exactly the same as you, been doing slimming world since feb and have lost 3.5 Stone and was having second thoughts then I thought about it and realised I still have well over 10 stone to lose plus this will re program my body and mind more importantly because yeah im doing well but who knows if im going to fail in then future and I cant afford to let that happen im getting close to my op I think so im just going to go for it, .... Hope that helps or at least lets you know your not alone xxxx take care xxxx

HI Nicola yes you probably could get a bit more off yourself but can you keepit off i know i couldnt and this was the help I have asked for for years. Yes i still go out for meals can't eat it all sometimes ask for a kids portion or take a little tub to bring the rest home in, there are few things i can't eat so you know you just have to work out how desperate you are to get the weight off. The choice is yours but don't let yourself fall at this hurdle its a long race and it is for life. Your decision but I would say grab it with both hands. xx

All normal feelings you will go ahead and finally achieve a fab new life,dont give up now.Yes its hard for the first few weeks but you will eat normally again just know when you have had enough and stop!

Back