• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stitches

Did any of you banders have external stitches that needed to be removed? My scars are healing really well but I have noticed two little spikey bits of what looks like plastic stitching sticking out. These are at the corners of two of the incisions and they are the only bits that havent healed. Not sure if these are dissolvable stitches but because they look plastic it got me thinking.

Sorry if this has already been asked, I have done a search but can't find an answer. Thanks

I had a wrap abroad and although the stitches were dissolvable i was told to get them removed as the skin heals over them quicker than they dissolve.
I had mine removed but the nurse left part of one in and like you say it was spikey - so I pulled it out gently of course....it was a couple of cm's.
But if you are going to have a poke about make sure you are careful xx

Hi

I had an appointment booked to see the nurse at my doctors surgery around a week post op.

I had stitches left over as you describe and the nurse just snipped them out for me.

Best get them checked out x

I had the same as you and they came out when they was good and ready. xxx

My incisions were glued but I had internal stitches. I snipped off one tiny bit which was sticking out - mainly because I couldn't stop playing with it and I imagined pulling it one day and unravelling inside!! then another bit popped through my skin just above an incision.

All is well now - no problems at all. I'd say don't pull anything and try not to fiddle about too much as you could get an infection of some sort.

Happy healing x

Back