• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Itchy

Kazzer75

I only had my sleeve op on Tuesday, Feb 8th and my stitches are already itching!!

I know its good because that means that they are healing, but it seems really early...I can't bear the thought of waiting until next Friday to have them removed.

:confused:

Have others been the same with this? Any tips on how to curb this slight annoyment?

One of my scars is beginning to itch, and its right under my boob :eek: The stiches will be the last thing to come out and then ill feel all me again!

No advice unfortuantely, just joining in!

x

No clever advice really, sorry, mine were itchy early too and it's a tad irritating. But it'll be Friday soon and you'll feel better once they're out.

Its the wound thats healing not the stitches,even when they are gone you could still have itch,wont last long!Maz x

hiya i had sleeve 29th mine were mad itchy too i went to nurse and 4 has healed and she had to take swab on the big 1 so i av to go bk monday fingers crossed i avnt got an infection xx

try cooling them down, put something cool on them, say, packet frozen peas, wrapped in a tea towel, that might help. hope you get sorted, hugs xx

Hi Karen

Mine were itchy too and more so after my stitches were out last thursday.

All I did was move the skin around the wound not too violently but it did give it some relief without trying to scratch the scabs off. I'm delighted with what they've done even the nurse comented on how neat they were, just 5 very thin lines is all we'll see.

Well, I was coping with the itchy, but now I am worried.

I have been doing really well, laying on my tummy and sides a bit without to much pain. I got up this morning and had a shower. Now the wound on the furthest left is oozzing yellow stuff and really hurts.

What should I do? Its Sunday, so my own GP is out of the question until tomorrow. One of my mates who's hubby is a nurse says to call medoc or go to A&E but that seems a bit extreme.

Any suggestions?? I am getting myself quite panicked.

:cry:

Just go to a and e lovely , sounds like you have an infection probes not major but at least you can get antibiotics today and they will clean it out for you xxx

I have called NHS Medoc and they have made me an appointment for 12.15 today at the same day treatment centre at my local hospital. Feeling really down as everything was going really well. Hopefully its nothing.

Any how, I saw the nurse who was a lovely lady that lives in my road!!

She said there was a minor infection starting in that particular wound. She took a swap and has prescribed anti-biotics. She's given me liquid ones which was very thoughtful, but they taste terrible. She said she was being over cautious as my immune system wouldn't be as strong right now, understandably.

She was very impressed with the letter from Dr Cierny and said that Cosmetic Bliss must be very reputable and conscientious as she has never seen such a thorough set of tests done before weight loss surgery or such a detailed letter to give to the GP. I also told her how long we stayed in the hospital and she was genuinely surprised and said that was more sensible than how they do it here and in other countries. And she said that she had seen terrible things from weight loss surgeries from both the UK and abroad. She also thought that the wounds, stitches, etc. were very neat and again some of the best. So big up Cosmetic Bliss.

So, I am much, much happier again.

Not great. Very tired. My you know what is competing with my surgery today for who is most painful to me!!

Just waiting for it to pass.

Back