• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stomach making funny noises????

Nezzy

Hi all!

Can anyone put my mind at rest?

I am 8 1/2 weeks post op bypass and all day today my stomach has been making weird noises, having no pain but the noises are very loud and it sounds like a gurgurling noise.

Has anyone else had this? Maybe there is something wrong as Ive not heard it before.

Lol! Yes indeedy! It's your distal (unused) part of your stomach! It still produces the acids and stuff that go into the bowel to help digest the food that goes into it from your pouch.

You'll find it gets louder after a meal!

My family think it's hilarious because mine is soooooo loud!

It must be the night for stomach's to make loud noises - mine's been gurgling away since i had my tea tonight (well at least it's not a bottom burp)!!!!!!!

Hi Nezzy

yes, this is perfectly normal, mine is really loud too Red and you can hear mine over the telly sometimes!!! I have had to explain to people that its not the sink emptying its my tummy!!! LMAO dont worry girl!!

I'm getting this too and I think it's quite loud. My question is, does this go away at some point or should I start adding lyrics to the sound, and turn it into a basking opportunity?

lol Rising :D

But does it go away or is it always going to be there at that volume ?
is there anything you can eat/take to make it less ?

hello mine does it to and its LOUD my kids think its so funny,my friend is 4 years post bypass and still gets it,i think its here for the long run x x x

Back