• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Funny Noises in Stomach ?

NinaW

I had my bypass 3 weeks ago and my stomach constantly makes grumbling noises. Is this normal. I am not hungry it just makes noises like I am all the time lol. Does any one else suffer from this ?

All the time. I still sound like a plug hole. Ha. Had mine six weeks ago and it's still doing it.

Yep, my tummy is very noisy too. My son was lying on me the other night having a cuddle and said 'mummy your tummy sounds like an earthquake'

Ive heard people say that the noise is your bowels working ! I feel it more than hear it still doing it 5 weeks post op

yep, all the time! (3 months post op)

Hello thanks for answering that question as I had my op on the 30/12/14 and I can hear funny noises from my stomach. I was wondering what it was. x

Mine still does it 13 months out :)

Don't worry it's permenant :p

Ha ha! Yeah, afraid that's a permanent feature. Constant amusement for my husband, and my unborn child takes exception to it frequently (kicks at it).

I sound like a drain! :eek:

I'm scared to stand still in a shopping centre in case anyone thinks I'm a 1 man (woman) band :D

Oh Frances that did make me laugh. But it's so true. I am now 2 and a half years as of 2 days ago and still have it.

I had a particularly bad night when my team were trying a new feed on me that did not agree with me. My other half who has slept through an earthquake just exclaimed in the dead of night 'oh shut up' to my stomach. It lovely responded for the next 4 hours .....

It also is a conversation starter at the gym, checkout queues, packed tube train etc.

I talk to my rumbles jemima and it always answers me back. Luckily hubby is a bit deaf so most of the time he doesn't hear it. I do get some weird looks from others though in supermarket queues etc ... It could be worse though I could let one go now that could clear a room! :giggle:

Back