• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stressed likkle bunny

Nanny Og

As the title says I'm a stressed likkle bunny today.

Hubby in hospital today for kidney biopsy and has now been told there is a chance he'll be kept in overnight as there was a trace of blood in his urine.

Normally I'm a glass half full but not today I'm thinking the worst case scenario as he's been having a lot of aches and pains lately.

I'm being silly I know.

Thank goodness for this site it lets me get it all off my chest.

Poor you & hubby.
Know how worrying it is as I care for my mum & she has kidney problems so been through the worry of all her tests etc. she has been hospitalised 4 times in the last year but feeling much better lately.
Hard to do but focus on the positive not the negative & also getting into 'training' for you op. good luck & yes everyone on this site is fantastic.

oh honey im sorry i hope there is nothing serious its so scary when loved ones are in hospital! i hope you can get some rest and i hope your hubby is ok
Take Care!!! xoxoxoxox

As the title says I'm a stressed likkle bunny today.

Hubby in hospital today for kidney biopsy and has now been told there is a chance he'll be kept in overnight as there was a trace of blood in his urine.

Normally I'm a glass half full but not today I'm thinking the worst case scenario as he's been having a lot of aches and pains lately.

I'm being silly I know.

Thank goodness for this site it lets me get it all off my chest.

Could be loads of things Og! I had a kidney removed in 2008 - yes a worse case scenario and Im fine right here in 2012.

My wifes friends Mum has just had a kidney taken out with what turned out to be a cyst - which was a relief all things considered.

I hope it comforts you a little to be know biopsies are not often used to diagnose 'worse case senario's IE Cancer.
CT imaging usually provides enough information for a surgeon to decide if an operation is needed.

Blood in the urine is usually caused by a bladder infection or Kidney stones. Not pleasant but by no means worse case scenarios.
Good luck and try not to worry too much.

try not to worry to much i hope your hubby will be fine and with you by his side i carnt see it being any differant but dont forget to get some rest yourself. xxxxx

Thanks for the kind words folks.

No blood in urine after biopsy so I'm just off to pick him up and bring him home.

carberello you're right, we've known for ages that he has some sort of problem with his kidneys, and the biopsy is to see what the best treatment is. Hope everyone your side is doing ok.

Again thanks

glad hes coming home mate :) fill that glass again now ;) xxx

so pleased hubby back home. i hope you both can relax and spend a bit of quality time together being lovey dovey.
thinking of you both

Thanks for the kind words folks.

No blood in urine after biopsy so I'm just off to pick him up and bring him home.

carberello you're right, we've known for ages that he has some sort of problem with his kidneys, and the biopsy is to see what the best treatment is. Hope everyone your side is doing ok.

Again thanks
Everything is fine thanks for asking Og. I feel fitter and better than I have done for years. I'm lighter than I have been for about 15 years and getting lighter so while the scales are definitely on the way down ...I'm well on the way up :)

Good luck with everything going on.

Back