• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sorry its a long one...what do you all think about going back to ww post op?

Sounds good to me Hun!!

i'm finding that although i'm not hungry a lot of old bad habits are starting to creep back in :break_diet:, i'm really ashamed to admit it but i've been eating total rubbish, just in considerably smaller portions than before, although across the course of the day yesterday i managed to eat 3 packets of crisps and a mint aero (had to take tablets, nothing with me at work and only a vending machine available on site) [see there i go again with the bloody excuses!] i seem to be able to eat pretty much anything which was my nightmare scenario, and i'm able to eat a helluva lot more than I thought i'd be able to, i'm never either hungry or full, dont seem to feel restricted or sick and its a constant battle to make sure i dont stuff myself i'm starting to wonder if they actually did anything at all or just opened and closed me back up again!, the WL is still happening but a lot slower than i expected, but then again with the crap i'm eating its no wonder! i was thinking it might be worth going back to ww as i always did well at first there and it might get me back into the swing of things, i was thinking about doing the 5 day pouch test but reading up it says i shouldnt as i'm not far enough out, but i'm terrified i'm throwing away my one chance to beat this demon in me, i've been a bit more cautious today, trying to stick with protein as best i can, been at work all day since 7am so lunch and dinner came from subway, (meatball bowl (lunch) and 2/3rds of a turkey and ham sub with bread taken out of the inside of the bun(dinner)) and i've been filling up on milky coffee and water today to try and keep me away from machines which has been working so far but i think maybe i need the extra support from a wl meeting to get me over this headfook i'm putting myself through, work has been very stressful lately and this week i've worked prob 60 odd hours with another 8 in the morning and i think that might have something to do with it but its still no excuse... what do you all think?:sigh::cry:

Rach

I had my op 4 days after you, and theres no way i could eat what you are eating, i cant eat bread at all - i think you should call your team and get them to see if there is a problem - x

My personal opinion on this subject is to do it if it keeps you focused, however WW and SW are not designed for post-op needs - to prioritise protein above all else, so you will possibly find that you have to adjust their plans to ensure you dont miss out and end up starved of protein. Being part of a group might spur you on though, good luck!

I think ww and sw are alot of money and you already have the tool in you to control it - I had my op 17th October and have the odd days i have a bag of crisps, but am loosing the weight, I take my lunch to work, salmon with coleslaw, or cheese and crackers, what about a cupa soup, we have vending machines so dont go near them, its a shame you dont dump as you wont not eat aero bar then, I dont touch anything like that, all low fat custard is a good one, you can have these while in work. Just think how far you have come, dont go back to how you used to be, this is a life time opportunity you have been given xxx

I go to Ww still, for the structure of a weekly weigh in, new meal ideas and to nip in the bud any potential weight gain problems I might have (although hopefully not for a while!!) it's beneficial for me and worth the money, so I would recommend it to anyone! Good luck with your journey! Xx

Back