• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sorry its a long one...what do you all think about going back to ww post op?

rachaelh

i'm finding that although i'm not hungry a lot of old bad habits are starting to creep back in :break_diet:, i'm really ashamed to admit it but i've been eating total rubbish, just in considerably smaller portions than before, although across the course of the day yesterday i managed to eat 3 packets of crisps and a mint aero (had to take tablets, nothing with me at work and only a vending machine available on site) [see there i go again with the bloody excuses!] i seem to be able to eat pretty much anything which was my nightmare scenario, and i'm able to eat a helluva lot more than I thought i'd be able to, i'm never either hungry or full, dont seem to feel restricted or sick and its a constant battle to make sure i dont stuff myself i'm starting to wonder if they actually did anything at all or just opened and closed me back up again!, the WL is still happening but a lot slower than i expected, but then again with the crap i'm eating its no wonder! i was thinking it might be worth going back to ww as i always did well at first there and it might get me back into the swing of things, i was thinking about doing the 5 day pouch test but reading up it says i shouldnt as i'm not far enough out, but i'm terrified i'm throwing away my one chance to beat this demon in me, i've been a bit more cautious today, trying to stick with protein as best i can, been at work all day since 7am so lunch and dinner came from subway, (meatball bowl (lunch) and 2/3rds of a turkey and ham sub with bread taken out of the inside of the bun(dinner)) and i've been filling up on milky coffee and water today to try and keep me away from machines which has been working so far but i think maybe i need the extra support from a wl meeting to get me over this headfook i'm putting myself through, work has been very stressful lately and this week i've worked prob 60 odd hours with another 8 in the morning and i think that might have something to do with it but its still no excuse... what do you all think?:sigh::cry:

Can you not make a quick salad with ham ect the night before to take to work with you ?? hubby does every night.

So sorry you are struggling, Rahael :( You need to take a good look at why you are doing this as it seems to be that you are having a good go at sabotaging yourself :( I know you say you feel as though they have not done the op & sometimes I feel that way until I have a good lump of dense protein & wow I know then that they have. I don't dump either so am having to rely on my willpower which has always been my downfall before, but this time, with the knowledge that this opportunity is not offered to everyone ... I will make it work for me. Stop eating all the things that you know you shouldn't & take a packed lunch full of the things you should ... easy to say but it is what I am living by so feel I do have the right to say it ... bum kicking time over, sugar ... I really hope you manage to get back on track for your baby's sake as much as yours, lovely :):) xxx

flowerofshona said:
Can you not make a quick salad with ham ect the night before to take to work with you ?? hubby does every night.

You took the words out of my mouth!!!

I work all over the place and I know that one sure way to put weight on us by relying on shop bought food everyday! Every morning I take my salad bowl and fruit with me...I'm not prepared to jeopardise this!

Take the chance you've been given, give yourself a stern telling off and then start afresh!! X

Hun why dont you try making some healthy currys or soups to take to work with you... i have a thermos bowl.. a bit like a flask i take out with me sometimes if i want something hot for lunch at work.
Try to stick to 3 meals a day and have 3 snacks in between.. ie babybel lights, mini pepperami's, hard boiled eggs, brazil nuts... having the snacks inbetween and also drinking lots of fluids shouldkeep you full xx good luck hun xx

oh hunny i do hope you get this sorted, maybee a call to your team and explane to them whats happening. i carnt really give you much advice on how you should be feeling after food as i have not had my opp yet but as twinkle says you are sabbotaging your self each day by eating all that junk. hope you find some way out of this soon for your own sake.

Can I suggest you give yourself a fresh start? Take eight days, split it into quarters and go back to week one right after your op. Clear liquids etc. Then two days of puree. Remind yourself of all the good habits you knew and how it felt to be full. Then mushy and solid. I suspect, like twink said you had a bad day and are self sabotaging because you think you've failed. So start from the beginning and remind yourself that you can do this.

Good luck!

thanks everyone, i think thats why i'm on here tonight trying to get the kick up the ass i need, i need to make more time to prepare things, i'm feeling really drained lately, all i want to do when i finally get home at 10pm is sleep then i'm up half the night with the bambino and back to work by lunchtime so in between trying to fit in some sort of quality time with the baby, keeping the house in some sort of order and getting ready for work again trying to find time for me just isnt high on the list of priorities and maybe for that split second when i first have the naughty things it does make me feel happy, but pretty much straight after i just feel like crap again for putting the rubbish into my system when i know i really shouldn't, maybe i need to get my bloods done, i might need by b12 early, that might perk me up a bit?!

thanks everyone, i think thats why i'm on here tonight trying to get the kick up the ass i need, i need to make more time to prepare things, i'm feeling really drained lately, all i want to do when i finally get home at 10pm is sleep then i'm up half the night with the bambino and back to work by lunchtime so in between trying to fit in some sort of quality time with the baby, keeping the house in some sort of order and getting ready for work again trying to find time for me just isnt high on the list of priorities and maybe for that split second when i first have the naughty things it does make me feel happy, but pretty much straight after i just feel like crap again for putting the rubbish into my system when i know i really shouldn't, maybe i need to get my bloods done, i might need by b12 early, that might perk me up a bit?!

You need to take yourself in the office and give yourself one hell of a kick up the bum! Come on get a grip...you must plan your meals and keep away from your previous habits or your surgery will have been a waste of time and money.

This is your chance to change things for the better. You feel like crap because you are eating crap !
House work can wait, it will always be there. At this time 'you' should be your main priority you do deserve to be happy and healthy and you are not going to get there by eating 3 bags of crisps and a mint aero each day! :553: xxxxxxxxxxx

OOnion said:
You need to take yourself in the office and give yourself one hell of a kick up the bum! Come on get a grip...you must plan your meals and keep away from your previous habits or your surgery will have been a waste of time and money.

This is your chance to change things for the better. You feel like crap because you are eating crap !
House work can wait, it will always be there. At this time 'you' should be your main priority you do deserve to be happy and healthy and you are not going to get there by eating 3 bags of crisps and a mint aero each day! :553: xxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry but I live on my own with my 2 daughters having brought them up alone since being toddlers and working bloody long hours..more than full time 9-5 job.....chucking some salad into a bowl takes maybe 2/3 mins...so don't make excuses (which is the road to ruin)...just get up and do it!

Kick up bum over!! :D

xx

here are some ideas for lunch... they take seconds to prepare... if im out for the day.. this is what i take with me...

2 crackerbreads in a sarnie bag. in a small tub... two laughing cow traingles and two slices of ham or chicken roll.

pasta cooked the night before mixed with some tuna and light mayo and onion.

pasta cooked night before mixed with tinned tomatoes, onion, ham and whatever else you want to add.

Mixed salad with some ham or chicken or boiled egg

Warberton thin toasted with whatever filling you like.

Warberton thin toasted with low fat cheddar and ham... i put it in tin foil and it stays warmish until lunch but still nice cold.

Im 11 weeks post op and so far i have taken my lunch with me so i dont have to worry about what to buy for my lunch.. even if i take my daughter to mcdonalds and we sit in the restaurant.. i will eat my home brought lunch... the cant chuck you out as you have brought something there xx

i take a muller light yoghurt with me to work for snack and 100grms cottage cheese or tuna and salad for lunch , sometimes i make a slimfast drink and take that honestly they only literally take minutes to prepare and surely a walk to subway etc takes longer than that :) i also weigh out a mix of nuts (not salted ) cashews brazil walnuts and take a little pot of them for a change i usually make the nut mix on a sunday for the week as they don't go off and it can be done while watching tv etc ...... i hope you do manage to get back on track it's such a waste of all your hopes and dreams if you let it fail xxx

try a flask of soup if you want something hot only takes a few minuets to heat up while your getting ready in the morning or heat up at work in the micro

I always take my lunch and I SO didn't before my op. It's part of a new discipline I seemed to have learned and also I have to be careful about what I eat as when under pressure/anxious/hurrying ( all of these apply when I'm at work :eek:( ) my pouch closes and chucks everything out (that's the hospitals theory anyway) so I take cottage cheese or laughing cow light, weight watchers coronation tuna ( been able to manage this for a couple of weeks now) and either 2 Crackerbread or 4-6 melba toasts. I get different flavours of cottage cheese. Quick, portable and saves me at least £2.50 a day which I really should start saving towards plastics !

plus when you do them yourself you know exactly what's gone in them :) i'm the same as Miss Tickle i never did mine before op but have even taken my own lunch to friend's house since as she didn't know what i could have xx

i'm finding that although i'm not hungry a lot of old bad habits are starting to creep back in :break_diet:, i was thinking it might be worth going back to ww as i always did well at first there and it might get me back into the swing of things,

Hi rachael - I'll put my two penn'th in about WW, as you've had plenty of advice about lunch suggestions (all excellent by the way)

If you need the discipline of a weekly weigh-in, and the group support provided by WW or SW, then you will do far better on your WL journey to join whichever is your preference. They both have joining offers on at the moment.

Personally I don't think I'd have gotten as far as I have if I'd stopped going to WW. They don't know I've got a band, and there is no reason they need to know.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Rosemary conley is very good and you get to do about 30 mins exercise at the end of the weigh in and talk :) the one i used to go to does salsasize and zumba or just dance exercise they don't always do the same one but i used to enjoy it xx

thanks again everyone, well so far this week i've been a lot more disciplined, its been hard but i've kept away from the rubbish so far, upped the protein and started taking a slim fast type drink with me to work, bulked up with milk powder for added protein and the last few days i'm averaging around 7-800 cals per day, today i've had peanut butter on crisp bakes for breakfast, shake for lunch and lean mince bolognese (no pasta) with low fat cheese for dinner i dropped a satsuma in there mid afternoon and i've been ok, i'm finding i'm needing to pee more (sorry tmi!) and thats been a good sign for wl for me in the past so maybe i'm heading in the right direction... time will tell but thanks again everyone i really do appreciate it xx

Back