• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

struggling =(

I'm having a problem getting water or very eak low cl squash down... it hurts and makes me feel sick.

i can drink milk, orange juice mixed with water (half and half) soup and yogurt no problem at all... i just dont get it :(

It's making me feel very sicky all the time, and making it hard for me to drink enough.

Any ideas???

.x.

thats strange! Give the hospital a call just to set your mind at rest - are you trying tap water? maybe its the chlorine? Try still mineral water like Evian? As long as you are getting fluids down then it should be ok.

Ive tried tap water and water from my fridge which is chilled and filtered... :(

.x.

check with the hospital but Im sure it will pass - your body is struggling to cope with being replumbed! Did this happen when you were in hospital post surgery or is it a new thing?

its new, just started the past few days

.x.

Becca I'm band not bypass but have had the same trouble. So much to the point where I'm now on mushy foods instead of the liquid diet I'm supposed to be on. As soon as water or anything cold hits my stomach I feel like my band is strangling me but give me a nice hot coffee and It goes down slow but sure and comfortably. I'm finding it much easier with foods rather than fluids.

hope this passes for you soon, Debsxx

i was told not to use a straw because of sucking air in? i had the same problem with water a few days after my op but now i feel like i can drink as much as i did before my op is this right?
LISA XXX

Although I am pre-op so can't really comment from that persective, I do know my little girl has always found her formula much easier to digest when it was gently warmed. Hope you feel better soon. xx

I guess it may be a problem (a straw) for some, but it was recommended by the bariatric nurse to me along with a sports water bottle. I did find the straw helpful because it was easier to take smaller amounts. I didn't think it would work, but it did. Everyone is given such different advice, and we can only share suggestions here, and try the ones we feel will suite us. My overall feeling however is if in doubt contact the hospital and seek their advice. x x

Hiya
I am sorry to hear your struggling at the mo, I hope things get easier for you soon- I am sorry I don't really know what to suggest to help, but I didn't just want to read and run ;)
*((((hugz))))*
:party0011: Xxx em xxX :party0011:

I guess it may be a problem (a straw) for some, but it was recommended by the bariatric nurse to me along with a sports water bottle. I did find the straw helpful because it was easier to take smaller amounts. I didn't think it would work, but it did. Everyone is given such different advice, and we can only share suggestions here, and try the ones we feel will suite us. My overall feeling however is if in doubt contact the hospital and seek their advice. x x

I always drink with straws and drink bottles!! I think you are right though ladybird about contacting the hospital or where Bee went for her surgery and making use of their aftercare package if there is one to get their advice aswell. :) xxx

gaynor were you told by your hospital to move on to mushy food cos of this? or did ya just use your noggin :)

.x.

Our dietician Anna covered this problem the othe day, it must be quite common. Her advice was to suck ice cubes and just let them melt slowly in you mouth.

Hope that helps.

Bonita.
x

Back