• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 Weeks Post Op and Need Help/Suggestions

purplepansyem

Crazy Cat Lady ;)
Hi everyone, I need some help/advice/suggestions. I'm 3 weeks out on the puree stage after a sleeve and I'm having problems.

I can't stand the pureed food, the sight of it makes me feel very sick. I'm now mashing food instead and this has helped, however, I'm experiencing a lot of wind still and also regurging after eating. Once I've eaten, I feel sick again.

I've also developed a very acute sense of smell but everything smells strange or horrible and nothing liquid tastes nice. This is what I've tried to drink and how it affects me:

Tea - tastes bitter/horrible
Coffee - alright but only in a very small cup
Squash - tastes horrible
Water - tastes horrible
Milk - tastes ok whilst drinking but leaves horrible aftertaste
Orange juice, watered down - too sweet!
Apple juice watered down - too sweet!
NAS fruit shoot - too sweet!
Low sugar lollies - ok whilst eating but leaves horrible aftertaste

I'm at my wits end - I need to drink more and I'm feeling very down as I know I'm not getting enough fluids.

Has anyone else experienced these problems? Any suggestions please?

Llora

I am 3 days post op only so dont have suggestions for puree.. But my mouth feels gross all the time.. I find if i sip on peppermint tea (luke warm and quiet strong) it refreshes the mouth :) i hardly ever drank tea before surgery.. so maybe try this for staying hydrated in between meals?

TempleBelle

I too found a lot of what I used to like, I cannot drink anymore, my saving graces have been oxo and Lipton's peach/lemon teas ! Might be worth a try. I could not drink tea/coffee first couple of weeks, but now finding I can again, in moderation, so some things you may find you can drink after a while x x

kurstywursty

What about sticking to thick soups for a couple of days. Maybe homemade lentil

Also tons of food like lentil curry or chick pea dhal or potato and spinage curry. They could be mashed up with potato champers

Sorry to hear of your negative experience. That just sucks xx