• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight gain

paulineiw

Six Month Post Op
Hi all! I have had a grim week eating wise! I had to go to the doc last Friday because of the stomach pains and sickness, have eaten very little over the last few days... weigh myself today and I have gained 3lb!! I do feel very bloated and feel like I have gained. Any ideas how this can happen?
I do have a problem with drink
:waterbottle:( water, not booze! ), I have been like this all my life, I have had 3 coffees today and nothing else to drink, that is normal for me, I just don't get thirsty, could this be causing the weight gain? Must try to drink more I know! Pauline

serenitylove

i cant comment on your diet as im a bander but you def should be drinking more than that hun , your gain might just be because your eating habbits changed for the week

Mixman

Definitely try and drink more. I try and get through 2 litres of flavoured water a day. I don't every day but I drink more than I ever have.

Never thought I'd get to the day where I spent more on water than food when I go shopping :flirt2:

ladybird_gal

Yes you really must try to drink more. Sip from a water bottle all the time if you can't cope with any other sort of drink.
Other than that, could it be your T O M? Also make sure you are eating more protein rather than carbs. Also ensure that you are concentrating on low fat foods. Eat 3 meals per day with maybe a couple of snack of fruit or yoghurt. If you carry on feeling poorly you must contact your provider or GP to make sure there is nothing untoward. Take care. x x

gaelic girl

Loving Being a Loser
Yes i agree with you trying to get more fluid in especially as you are being sick just now. I'm not a water drinker but can manage it with a spot of very light ribena in it and as Ladybird says i have a bottle by my side all the time and just keep sipping. Hope you feel better soon x

bypass.sarah

hi hun as the others have said try to drink more even if its in the shape off ice lollies or ice cubes x x x x sorry not to be much help

Snow Angel

Hi all! I have had a grim week eating wise! I had to go to the doc last Friday because of the stomach pains and sickness, have eaten very little over the last few days... weigh myself today and I have gained 3lb!! I do feel very bloated and feel like I have gained. Any ideas how this can happen?
I do have a problem with drink
:waterbottle:( water, not booze! ), I have been like this all my life, I have had 3 coffees today and nothing else to drink, that is normal for me, I just don't get thirsty, could this be causing the weight gain? Must try to drink more I know! Pauline

Hi there

like the others have said, drink more as this can make you sick if your not drinking enough. I had this problem and was sick for 5-6 weeks. I did have severe pain in my right rib cage and after scans, I had gallstones. You can be sick if your dehydrated too so please try and drink more. I find if I don't eat enough, I dont lose weight either. I am 1lb off 5 and a half stone now but stuck while I was being sick.

Keep your chin up and sip, sip, sip........

hopelesscase

Never thought I'd get to the day where I spent more on water than food when I go shopping :flirt2:

Im thinking of opening a new type of shop that just sells flavored water, prawns, ready prepared fruit, philli light and twiglets. lol

hopelesscase

fluid is the key to flushing toxins out of yr body. if all you drink is coffee it wont do this as coffee has a dehydrating effect. Please try and drink some cordial or water throughout the day.