• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

stuck food

joey80

Ok so here goes, i had some turkey and stuffing last night and it got stuck wiv a vengance, worse iv had b4 ended up maing myself sick to ease the pain and make it better, ne way iv woke this morn now n took a sip of water and it hard to go down, has ne 1 had this b4??

I have read that when banders get food stuck and had to be sick, the area around the band swells and can make having anything difficult and painful for about 24 hours, sip slowly and try thin warm liquids for a day or so. Hope you feel better soon.

aww thank u, iv had water and it uncomfortable to swallow but jus made a coffee so gonna try that x

Try not to make your self sick as this can irritate your stomach.
The best thing to do is to sip hot drinks

not too good, i had a cup a soup earlier n everytime i burpped it was coming back up, so i must b swollen, still struggling with fluids im hoping it will ease by tomoz, sort of putting a dampner on crimbo :( my own fault o i guess xx

Oh poor Jo. Hope u feel better soon. Not looking forward to this at all :(. Big hugs

hope u r feeling better now xxx

I've had this....just sip what you can until you feel the swelling ease but don't force anything down if it doesn't want it. I was also told to suck on ice as that eases the swelling, like putting an ice pack on!! if you can stomach liquid don't force it as won't hurt for a day or two!!!xx

thanks for messages guys, im fine today thank god, not gonna push it o n gonna have sloppy for today n normal tomoz, aww mis it was horrendous all i wanted to do yest was go to sleep n wake up when better not nice to go through, so for all u peps who pick at food n dont chew enough then stop n chew chew chew cause i wouldnt wish that on ne 1 xx

Oh bless you joey. Yes I need to chew chew more. Learning slowly. Although I do eat a lot slower then I look at my OH and for me now he just eat so fast and I know I always finished before him prior to having the band.... crazy differences sometimes

i was the same, i forget to eat slow and tha when it gets stuck, i jus ate a cottage pie ok, and made curry for t with cous cous so will b eating that slow xx

Keep resting joey xxx

Back