• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

med's

joey80

Hi all soz to bother u again, but I was wondering if sum1 can give me some advice, I jus wanted to know if ne 1 is taking citalapram if so how do u take it? I'm on them and had liquid form but it was vile, so stopped taking it which is not good I know, iv been fine not taking them till today, I feel sooooo stress and feel ready to kill. The poor dog has crissed my path n been shouted at most of day, I woke up this morn fine n really happy but 1 thing jus changed my mood badly, omg I'm soooo sorry to rant and I know this got nowt to do wiv wl but I jus had to let off steam, sorry again :( xxxx

Is citalapram an anti-depressant?? I only ask because I'm wondering what they're going to do about my antidepressant post op . . . I take Venlafaxine.
If I were you I'd start taking it again, maybe wash it down with a little NAS squash to take the taste away. Otherwise you'll end up with all the same symptoms coming back that you had when you 1st had it prescribed. Which surely can't be good for you, or your poor dog.
Take care honey, and let me know how you get on x

Did u take them whole while on liquid stage? Yea they r an anti depressant I do have to start taking them again like I said iv been happy, on top of world n tha 1 thing upset me today n iv jus fallen to pieces xx

P.s thanks for replying xxx

Bless ya Joey! it can't be easy having all the worry of the surgery along with everything else you are trying to deal with. stay positive. things can only get better! take care xxx

Thanks lynne, ur rite I have been through a lot with the otherhalf and going through this op, perhaps I need a good cry n get it all out lol xxx

Hi ya there sweet, just little post I am just over 5 weeks since my gastric bypass. I had mine done at Chichester. I too am on citalopram, venlofaxine and amitriptyline. My operation was a Wednesday and my last medications was the Monday I was then given medication again on the Thursday before bedtime.

I hope this helps a bit I was able to take all medication as tablet form as tablets small. Sorry not been on here much past few weeks but I promise it seems hard but we are all here 2 support u anymore questions just mail. Luv hugs Kaz x

At the risk of sounding a little patronising Joey, "good girl" on taking your medicine again. Depression is a really awful illness, and I'm sure there are many of us on this site that have felt depressed at some time. Just keep taking it, and do things that make you feel relaxed and happy. Do you meditate at all?? That's supposed to be quite good at easing stress!

Thanks kaz, mt tabs r small so ill start taking them again, I do appreciate all the advice given, u know it my own fault, iv not tried mediation I think I do need to do summin to try n destress when I'm in that situation, as it not fair on peps around me, u know my mother kept on to me bout taking them but I felt fine and tbh I was mega happy till yest when I got brought back down wiv a bump x

joey80 said:
Thanks kaz, mt tabs r small so ill start taking them again, I do appreciate all the advice given, u know it my own fault, iv not tried mediation I think I do need to do summin to try n destress when I'm in that situation, as it not fair on peps around me, u know my mother kept on to me bout taking them but I felt fine and tbh I was mega happy till yest when I got brought back down wiv a bump x

Hi ya joey80 your more than welcome. I just hope the advice I've given u helps? I've suffered with depression 2 and it's not nice. The days when u can't seem 2 get out of it are the worst. I also take some of this medication for another illness 2 but if u need any help or someone 2 chat 2 then ur welcome 2 message me. U take care hope u feel better soon 2 luv hugs Kaz x x x

well i took my tab this morn and have not been too bad, im jus feeling drained cause i think yest took it rite out of me, a couple of days now n ill b fine, it not a nice thing to go through not at all iv had it for bout 3 yrs, bet hey ho no down talk all positive n happy from now on :) :) :) xx

Back