• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Suggestions for soft food stage

gillabean

Really living now!
Has anyone (Nic I'm looking at you!) got any ideas for the soft food stage that I go into next week. Especially protein rich foods as most of the suggested foods from the nutritionist here suggest foods high in carbohydrates.

kathleen1960

wow Gill this stage had arrived so fast, seems like just yesterday i was watching out for news that your op had gone well :) hope time flies as fast for me when i am waiting to get off the liquids stage xx

gillabean

Really living now!
It doesn't seem fast at the time Kathleen! I've hated the sloppy stage, even though I'm not interested in food very much I still want it to be like real food. I've just noticed that you've not got long to go. What diet are you on?

Sullie2Morin

Low fat refried beans......mashed potatoes....sweet potatoes........lower fat creamy soups........oatmeal.......salmon.......scrambled eggs........Pureed chicken w/low fat gravy.....sugar free fudgecicles ....to name a few :) I made a sheppards pie without the corn too!

phatmomma

Low fat refried beans......mashed potatoes....sweet potatoes........lower fat creamy soups........oatmeal.......salmon.......scrambled eggs........Pureed chicken w/low fat gravy.....sugar free fudgecicles ....to name a few :) I made a sheppards pie without the corn too!

Surely sugar free fudgecicles should be top of the list (don't they sound divine?).... What are they? How do you make them? And should i test them as a pre opper so i can see if my taste buds change when post op?

Cuppacocoa

wants the sunshine back!
Soft boiled eggs, hummous with crunchy (ie melba toast/breadsticks) dippers that melt down to nothing, omlette with ham/prawn/melted cheese etc, chicken curry with vegetables, (slow cook chicken so soft and chew well), oven roasted vegetables with a spray of olive oil and herbs, roast until soft, fish pie, tinned sardines or mackeral, tuna or egg mayo with cucumber, jacket spud (no skin) mixed with garlic & herb philly, baked beans with cheese, cauliflower or broccoli cheese, smoked salmon, cottage cheese, homemade guacamole, or avocado with creme fraiche, plain fat free greek yoghurt with oats and raspberries, scallops, lasagne - in a book I have it says you can use thinly sliced courgettes instead of pasta, hummm all beans and pulses are high in protein, hummm....

Will keep thinking,
Cuppa xx

Glenville

I'm still finding new varieties of sandwich fillers. Coronation chicken, piri piri chicken and egg and bacon are the latest finds. Soft but with just a bit of texture to make you chew.

John xx

Fashionably Late

is a skinny size XS & 6!
Sugar free fudgsicles are not available here in the UK. They are an American grocery item. I wish I could have my mum bring me some over next month!

Glenville

John i have the sandwich fillers as well ive managed to eat over 2 days a 250g low fat egg mayonnaise do you or anybody think thats to much?

I would have thought that at our stage, if you can get it in and it stays in then it's not too much. It's not as if it is a liquid, so it is hanging abuot in the pouch for a while.

Maybe someone with a bit more idea maybe able to give a more definitive reply.

phatmomma

Just a suggestion but i brought a wicked cookbook ready in anticipation of my surgery of Amazon. Written by a woman who is a chef and had surgery herself, tells you what stage the recipe is good for and what type of surgery you had also amounts etc etc.. If you want the details pm me as i'm terrible at keeping track of posts, Walsall Massive is the only one i track religiously xx

Cuppacocoa

wants the sunshine back!
Phatmomma it sounds like one of the books I have - Eating Well After Weightloss Surgery by Patt Levine and Michele Bontempo-Saray? If so I have to say I don't find it useful at all, it's very american and I think any low fat cookery book would serve just as well! Only benefit this one has it that it tells you the estimated protein content of the meals.

Cuppa xx