• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery date..18th of July...

x.Nicky.x

Eeekkk...

Its coming round quick, have my gastric band on the 18th of July - a month today!!

I received my letter yesterday with appointment time (12)!!

It is starting to get real! I am so nervous about the op itself, thats all I am thinking about atm - anyone else on the 18th or in July - and what are your biggest worries?

Nicky

Xxxx :eek:o_O:)

Eeekkk I know...soo questions..

What time is your op??

What are you having??

Are your family supportive??

Are you nervous??

Are you a smoker??

Xxxxx

I've not revieved my letter yet just the phone calll to say it's the 18th.
I'm having the sleeve done, all family r supportive which is great but ive been I formed not to moan when their eating all the takeaways etc lol. I am nervous but more that I will lose my personality and I quite like who I am inside I just hope I don't change and yes I smoke. Not a heavy smoker but recently ive hit the cigs hard so need to take a step back.. How RU feeling about it all??

Thats great news about ur family being supportive, mine are too!! You wont change hun, I have lost alot of weight before but struggled to keep it off - hense the op!

I go on holiday to malta on saturday for 10 days, when i get back I have to start the pre op. Looking forward to holiday but just want to start the diet if u know what I mean.

I am a smoker too and thats what I ak worried about -i need to quit before op but i know i will continue to smoke whilst on holiday :( ...

I plan to quit 100% when i start preop diet ...hopefully 2 weeks non smoking will be ok xxx

Just want it done and start learning to live with it xxx

Yh snap. I'm thinking to cut down from tomz and then pre op be done with the smoking... Ooooo enjoy your trip and get all your eating out the way.... How much do you hope to lose..... I don't no what my realistic weight loss is.... I'm too excited

Lol well i am 19.7 so hoping to be 12ish...i was happy at 13st though .

Yeh defo going to enjoy the last few weeks of eatting and then its time to get my head into it!!

How do you ideally want to lose? Think you lose more with a sleeve than you do with a band :(

Do you work? If so how long u taking off?

Xxxx

I'm lucky I work in a school. So I only need to take 4days and then I have tho whole 6weeks. How long will you take??. Yh I'm about 21 and hope to be 12/13. Very exciting. Ru with NHS? How long have you waited for x

Aww thats really handy, its worked out perfectly for you then.

Well op is on Tuesday, having wednesday and thursday as annual leave and then working from home on the friday and monday.

Hoping to be able to go back to work on the tuesday but not sure if i am being unrealistic lol x

No :( too impatient so went private...i booked it up a few weeks ago - has cost £6300 :(

How long did u wait on nhs?

Xx

Mine got done rather fast. From doctors referral to now been 6months so I'm really happy.. Yh not much time but hopefully be all smooth

Mine got done rather fast. From doctors referral to now been 6months so I'm really happy.. Yh not much time but hopefully be all smooth

Jj....not long now!!!

Currently in my hotel room in malta - starting to hit me now that its actually happening and soon lol.

When are you start you preop diet?

Xxxx

Jj....not long now!!!

Currently in my hotel room in malta - starting to hit me now that its actually happening and soon lol.

When are you start you preop diet?

Xxxx
Ive get an appointment today with the consultant so will find out today.... Oooooo when r u getting done??

Ive get an appointment today with the consultant so will find out today.... Oooooo when r u getting done??

Ooooo thought you already had a date (same as me 18th of July)...

Good luck with consultation

I canny wait now xxxx I am starting pre op on the 5th xxx

Last edited:
Yh 18th same... My consultantion got cancelled but pre op appointment is the 4th to start on the 5th... Eeekkkk. So quick.... What LSD will u chose

Yh 18th same... My consultantion got cancelled but pre op appointment is the 4th to start on the 5th... Eeekkkk. So quick.... What LSD will u chose

Ohh sorry got confused lol! We will be starting on the same day then :)!!

The preop diet food was included in my surgery package - but its just shakes. I will have 3 a day but if i am starvingggg i woll have 4 xxxx we will see..

What are you going to do?

Xx

I'm not sure. Maybe the milk diet. I find out more on the 4th. CNT believe its happening

I've had stalls of a few weeks at a time. Then other weeks I've lost 4lb. Try to concentrate on direction rather than the numbers. I had to stop weighing myself so often as was getting really disheartened.

Back