• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery in Belgium

Curlymum

Hi I am thinking of going to Belgium for a sleeve. Was the travel hard? How long did u have to stay for? And r u allowed someone to travel with you..thank u

Barne

Hi I am thinking of going to Belgium for a sleeve. Was the travel hard? How long did u have to stay for? And r u allowed someone to travel with you..thank u

Hi. The travel on the way back was difficult but not as bad as I was imagining. I was sore but it wasn’t an intense pain. I stayed in hospital for 3 nights and had another 1 at a hotel near the hospital. Yes, the package includes the hotel for the entire duration so someone can come with you and stay in the hotel for the full duration. Some people decide to go alone but I would definitely recommend taking someone with you. If you have any more questions just ask these forums were so much help when I was trying to decide what to do! Xx

Curlymum

Thank you for replying. I have just got the news that I am accepted for the surgery. Yippee!!!! Did u consult with them before u went to Belgium r wait till till u got there? How long did follow the pre op diet for? I am very excited but nervous already. Just one more thing when u were consulting with doctor do they mention out loud your weight? No one knows my weight and I'm so embarrassed about it ...I don't want my companion knowing it as I'm afraid she will tell others.. I know this is a wee worry but nonetheless I find it worrisome...how r u getting on now Barnes

slimkim

Thank you for replying. I have just got the news that I am accepted for the surgery. Yippee!!!! Did u consult with them before u went to Belgium r wait till till u got there? How long did follow the pre op diet for? I am very excited but nervous already. Just one more thing when u were consulting with doctor do they mention out loud your weight? No one knows my weight and I'm so embarrassed about it ...I don't want my companion knowing it as I'm afraid she will tell others.. I know this is a wee worry but nonetheless I find it worrisome...how r u getting on now Barnes

I responded to another pot you made. I'm going to BSS too. Looking to find out as up to date info as possible. Are you going to fly or take the Eurostar? We're taking the Eurostar. I feel more comfortable with that as sometimes flights can make me queasy. Whatever I can do to avoid nausea, especially after this type of surgery, I will do.

Curlymum

Hi just wondering when u guys went to Belgium fir the surgery what beds were in the hotel room. Was it 1 double r two double r singles. My two sisters want to come and was just wondering if this was feasible. Thank you

ladilindy

Hi just wondering when u guys went to Belgium fir the surgery what beds were in the hotel room. Was it 1 double r two double r singles. My two sisters want to come and was just wondering if this was feasible. Thank you

If you are staying at The Lodge, my pre-op room had a double but my post-op one had twins. I had different rooms as I travelled on my own so checked out and back in again. If you travel with someone you will keep the same room.

Lynn x

ladilindy

I responded to another pot you made. I'm going to BSS too. Looking to find out as up to date info as possible. Are you going to fly or take the Eurostar? We're taking the Eurostar. I feel more comfortable with that as sometimes flights can make me queasy. Whatever I can do to avoid nausea, especially after this type of surgery, I will do.
I travelled alone on Eurostar and it was much easier than I expected as it is all relatively flat and I was able to get a seat close to the luggage rack and exit . The most difficult part of my journey back was the black cab ride from St Pancras to Victoria coach station as it was so bumpy.

Lynn x

slimkim

I travelled alone on Eurostar and it was much easier than I expected as it is all relatively flat and I was able to get a seat close to the luggage rack and exit . The most difficult part of my journey back was the black cab ride from St Pancras to Victoria coach station as it was so bumpy.

I live in London and I'm wondering whether to treat myself to a cab or just take a tube or bus back to my flat. There are pros and cons to both. The tube will be a flat ride but there are a lot of stairs in the stations to deal with. Also the tube might be packed and I might not get a seat right away. The cab would be more private and a guaranteed seat but I'm worried about the bumpy ride. So then do I put up with a bumpy ride on a cheaper bus that will be drop me off in the same spot outside of my flat as the cab?!?! I like to make decisions well before the opportunities present themselves to me so I know its informed. I know I'll probably not be in the greatest mood when I come back so want to know what my default decision will be.

ladilindy

I live in London and I'm wondering whether to treat myself to a cab or just take a tube or bus back to my flat. There are pros and cons to both. The tube will be a flat ride but there are a lot of stairs in the stations to deal with. Also the tube might be packed and I might not get a seat right away. The cab would be more private and a guaranteed seat but I'm worried about the bumpy ride. So then do I put up with a bumpy ride on a cheaper bus that will be drop me off in the same spot outside of my flat as the cab?!?! I like to make decisions well before the opportunities present themselves to me so I know its informed. I know I'll probably not be in the greatest mood when I come back so want to know what my default decision will be.
The stairs and not getting a seat were my concerns about the tube, although the cab ride was bumpy it wasn't too bad and I had a nice driver, who was from the area I grew up in, and we chatted about that and it took my mind off things