• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

surgery rapidly approaching

ladiedevilish

I am having my surgery at l&d on 29/06/11 and i am going insane with worry. i am worried about my liver shrinking enough? Am i doing the right thing? will i recover ok?
i think i am loosing my mind!

Please tell me this is normal?

:eek:

Hey if it helps, let me put your mind at rest, I was only bypassed last wednesday at l&d.

The team are so professional, from the cleaners to the surgeons.

You will be made comfortable at all times, and they have you health at the forefront always.

I was in operating theatre at 08.30am and was back on the ward by 14:30 and this was only cause there was no beds available before then.

As soon as you get back, I was stuck in HDU, and almost had 1-1 care from a hdu nurse.

As soon as i felt well enough to make a phone call, she got a phone for me, so i could speak to my wife and gave me the buzzer and said if she wasnt at my bedside, buzz as much as I like, and she would come running.

Regarding the liver, this is the only thing I worried about, as I had cheated a little with a few cracker breads as I was so hungry, but Mr Jain, my surgeon, said I couldnt of got my liver any smaller.

So here I am, 9 lb lost since my op, and I can't speak highly enough of the staff, and my surgeon.

You will be just fine, who is your surgeon and where are u from, please feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Back