• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Being banded on Monday, excited but nervous!!!

mum21baba

Well, the time is flying and I can't believe that on Monday I am being banded. I am so so excited but I am also really nervous, not because of the op itself but because of the liver shrinking diet. I have been on it for two weeks, the first week being low carb low cal and I lost about 6lb. Then this week its clear liquids only, and the weight just isn't moving. I have read many times on here that it is not about the weight loss but the shrinkage of the liver. However, I attended a support group at the hospital this week, the nurses and dietician were there and they said that they can only tell whether the liver had shrubk enough by the weight that you have lost, They basically said if you haven't lost a stone or over the operation will be cancelled. I am really really worried because my weight just isn't moving!!! :sigh:

Well, the time is flying and I can't believe that on Monday I am being banded. I am so so excited but I am also really nervous, not because of the op itself but because of the liver shrinking diet. I have been on it for two weeks, the first week being low carb low cal and I lost about 6lb. Then this week its clear liquids only, and the weight just isn't moving. I have read many times on here that it is not about the weight loss but the shrinkage of the liver. However, I attended a support group at the hospital this week, the nurses and dietician were there and they said that they can only tell whether the liver had shrubk enough by the weight that you have lost, They basically said if you haven't lost a stone or over the operation will be cancelled. I am really really worried because my weight just isn't moving!!! :sigh:
Hi, I really wouldn't worry about liver shrinkage, losing 6lbs is brilliant. I totally flopped on my 'milk diet' and only lost 4lbs. So far I have not heard of any banders being refused surgery due to fatty liver.
I also have never heard of people being refused surgery if they haven't lost a stone, that's rather ott!
Good luck with your surgery and recovery. xxx

Good luck Hun I'm sure ull be fine :) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

good luck sounds like you did well anyway

Back