• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgical review section?

Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

I am thinking of a recipe section for MiniMins and how best to plan it.

I have the same options for WLSurgery but I don't know how that works here.

Would a recipe section orientated towards WLS be relevant? If so what sort of categories would it have?

Now, do we have a section within it that people can do "Surgical Reviews", my only concern is that surgeons love negative reviews (*cough*not!*cough*), so it would not be towards the surgeon but it would be towards the type of procedure.

Or completely skip the reviews, and focus on Recipes only?

Pierce

Its funny, I find most new members, not all, usually register the night before or the morning of their operation.

Maybe as a guest they do more research reading the site, before deciding to undertake a procedure or abandon the idea altogether...

Reviews are interesting but they scare me. In order to be not 100% positive they would have to be just about the procedure and not associate with a clinic/surgeon or other.

Is there anyway you could put a rule around it? I know my experience with my surgery wasn't positive. The only time I've Seen anything regarding surgeons is when someone has raised a query regarding a specific hospital etc or names a surgeon. I guess there are a lot of ways to look at it.

I want honest reviews, I just don't want to have to remove them because of cease and desist notices.

If we were to have a reviews section members who use it would have to be agreeable to understand my concerns for the community.

Yeah, I agree. It can be changed as we go along.

What about recipe sections.

Recipes for specific procedures or...

Specific diets?

Maybe if you put in surgical reviews, have minimum number of posts before you can post in that section. That might deter people just joining up to slag off for want of a more technical term a specific surgeon?
Recipes are always good. Other sites I use have tags so you can look for recipes for liquid stage, soft and crispy, long term etc so all the sorts of terms the hospital use when they give us our diet info so that might be helpful.

Back