• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sweet things

Retfordmag

Question for you post op bypassers.

Before the op, did any of you have a really bad sweet tooth ie eating loads of sweets and full sugar drinks etc?

How have you coped post op?

Just asking as all the above are true for me and I am due to have a bypass in the next couple of months.

Yes I did have a sweet tooth and just in last month i have been craving sweet things if i have really craved it i have tried a tiny bit and that has done enough just to say i had a bit one square of chocolate and i'm not feeling too gud no dumping just feel sick and i hate that feeling. I often have ginger snaps once a day they settle any queasy feeling down and they are nice and crunchy, think I have missed crunching things. I havent missed pop at all even though we always had low calorie, drink tea coffee n water vodka n diet coke when i go out or wine and low cal lemondade. just have to have all things in very small quantities. xx if i can do it any 1 can, I did eat healthy before but had lots of naughty things sometimes as well xx

I had a major sweet tooth but not date touch it since - gave had a coupke of diabetic caramel drops though...

I did!, pre op I drank atleast 2 litres of non diet fizzy pop a day, I would rather have my pop than my meals chocolate and sweets was more just as and when I fancied cud take them or leave them depending on my mood unless it was fizzy haribos haha. But since the op I have'nt touched fizzy pop but I wont lie its been hard I did even cry to hubby around 10 days post op for fizzy pop but Ive survived and dosent bother me now, I have had haribos and chocolate since the op and dont dump but then I dont get tempted to even try eating the amount I ate pre op I am happy to take 1 sweet and leave the rest for the hubby x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using WLSurgery

Question for you post op bypassers.

Before the op, did any of you have a really bad sweet tooth ie eating loads of sweets and full sugar drinks etc?

How have you coped post op?

Just asking as all the above are true for me and I am due to have a bypass in the next couple of months.
im the same, i eat lots of sweets and cakes etc, just hope my mindset will stay changed after my sleeve x

Think dumping is my main worry if I was tempted to eat. Been trying to cut down lately, not as much fizzy pop - having more no added sugar squash but its the sweets...........

I had a savoury tooth preop but now I crave sweet stuff!
I can eat it too and not dump biscuits,puds,sweets,chocolate,cakes etc.I just have small portions!

im only 8 weeks post opp ive not had any fizzy drinks sweet or chocs im too scared of dumping i used to drink at least 2 litters of fat coke everyday and ive only fancyed it once i really dont even wanna try it coz if i dont dump and im ok with it i know ill just start drinking and eatting crap again so im staying strong and staying away and the weight loss is the best thing to keep me going good luck hun x

This is my major worry as well. I am really struggling with it at the moment and I am worried that I wont be able to control it. I am really going to try but I know sweets are the reason I am the size I am now. :(

Well if its chocolate you like they used to say at weight watchers to eat beetroot because it apparently has the same kind of release that you get from chocolate if its just sweets then i'm not sure. i used tolike the sula sugar free sweets but thye used to kill me if i had more than its the sorbitol in them give me stomach crtamps and diahorrhea. xx( Thats another usless bit of information I have been carrying round in my head)

Low sugar ice lollies and mini milk are good for sweet toothsome. Takes a while to eat and not bad for you either!

Back