• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Craving sweet things

rosejohnson

Home from the USA :-(
10 months since my bypass and I am seriously craving sweet things, my mouth waters at the thought of biscuits or sweets, on an evening I am thinking "I could murder for a chocolate bar".

And I have started cheating a bit too and allowing the odd sweet thing into my mouth.

I didn't have this at all for 9 1/2 months... I wouldn't have thanked you for anything sweet! And sadly, the things I have had didn't make me dump.

I had a whole cadburys crunchie ice lolly while I was at Glastonbury as I was so hot and it was all the ice cream van had, and I was certain I would dump but I didn't.

I think I am on top of the problem, and not allowing myself so much that I would put on weight, but I wish I could go back to not craving the sweet things at all.

Anybody else had this? Anybody got any advice?

Rx

My sweet tooth kicked in about the same time as yours hun - I crave sweet things all the time! I would like to say I didnt give in, but most of the time I did...now I only buy fruit and rich tea biscuits and yoghurts... x

If i fancy a biccy I have one I wont deny myself cause I no if I do I will end up trying to eat the whole packet and make myself ill

You can have a treat after wls

I've been having little sweet treats for ages now, it's great because I don't dump, and also I only can eat small portions, so it's ideal. My bypass allows me to be normal and have a little of what we like, that's how life should be.

Don't deny yourself a little treat from time to time, it really won't be the end of the world !

Me too! I'm exactley the same as FA xxx

The idea is to have as normal diet as possible without over doing it, The WLS is a major turning point but as others have said it is ok to have a treat now and then. It just means the treat is not a half pound bar of chocolate it might be a small bag of malteasers.
It is all about size as it really does matter

I too developed a taste for sweet things around the 10 months mark.....thing is that it is this that is helping me to maintain my weight so I am just hoping that I can remain in control of this and my weight long term.

YES YES YES i'm soooo glad i'm not the only one yay, i have awful sweet cravings, i try to curb them by eating fruit when i can but sometimes its not enough and i cave in and have the odd piece of chocolate or cake, something i have discovered lately is frozen red grapes, they are lush, i eat quite a lot of red grapes i find them sweeter than green ones.
I try not to deny myself anything sometimes i dump sometimes i don't it just depends what i eat, but if i do say right i'm not going to eat anythin bad the cravings get really bad, so its not worth it.

Get half a banana,shove a lolly stick in it and dip in your favorite yoghurt/fromage frais pot.freeze till almost solid,sprinkle with finely chopped nuts and place back in freezer. Cool,sweet and healthy all in one!

I try to curb my sweet tooth by having fruit - I'm really into berries at the moment and have a bowl of strawberries, raspberries and blackberries with some low fat greek yoghurt on them - really satisfies the craving without making me feel guilty.

Get half a banana,shove a lolly stick in it and dip in your favorite yoghurt/fromage frais pot.freeze till almost solid,sprinkle with finely chopped nuts and place back in freezer. Cool,sweet and healthy all in one!

oooh, this sounds lush...will have to try it out :cool:

Thank goodness i was beginning to panic thinking i was going wrong somewhere. I've re discovered my craving for sweet things about a month ago too which was at 10 months post op! I try and satisfy them with muller lite greek style yogharts or fibre plus bars. I'm so frightened to try "real" chocolate in case i don't dump and then i start eating it again! But its nice to know i'm not alone either xx

NOT dumping has been a problem, I wish I was dumping. I am controlling what I have for now, but my will power isn't great (that's how I got fat in the first place!) so I can see potential problems already.

I am trying keep a stock of my favourite savoury things in the house, otherwise I feel like I could raid the biscuit barrell. I love guacamole so last night had that with a few salted tortillas. Just enough to make me feel like I was getting a treat without being really naughty. Tonight I have had a muller light but did have 2 chocolate digestives at work. I am cross with myself!

I know I am allowed treats etc, I just wish I didn't 'want' them. I have been spoiled for 10 months getting the weight off, now I feel like the hard work begins!

Rx

Back