• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Swimming

12dobidog

As most of you know I am in my 7th week post op and decided to go swimming today.
My daughter and her friend and her mum came with me. This is the first time I have been swimming for 18 months Since we were on holiday, I managed to swim about 200 m but spent most of the time floating around relaxing. We were the only ones in the main pool and when I asked the lifeguard he said it was like this most weekdays. I will be going back hopefully twice next week. I feel good and am looking forward to going back. I am going to the doctors to ask if I can get on the Wellness programme. If I can it means that swimming and eventually the Gym will not cost as much.
I did get on the scales before and after to see what difference it made and I worked off 3lbs but it I will probably put some back on as soon as I have a drink, I dont really care as I enjoyed the swim

Good for you Bryan!

Tina - I'm 50 and can't swim ... and I paid for lessons twice a week for years!! xx

Good on you Bryan, I love the water but wont go due to size! Hopefully I will go after surgery ... keep up the good work x

Mattina
There are some really good adult swimming lessons and if you do them during the school term you will have a lot less people around, BUT you need to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done Bryan! I love swimming and can't wait to feel comfortable enough to go again. I've been thinking about it recently but I think another 1 or 2 stone will make me much less self conscious. Good on you though...I admire you!

Bryan......... this surgery and the journey that you have gone through is oh so very stressful. So if the swimming relaxes you then go as many times as you can!

I hope your fitness improves so that you can enjoy the volley ball. Your dogged determination is very inspirational and i'm sure your final result will be awe inspiring... Rock on dude...

Oh yeah, big up to the girls for coming with you too xx

I am 3 months post op and went swimming last week for the 1st time in ages felt really good i ached after prob using muscles that have been hidden for a while lol.
But im noticing the old bingo wings are getting a lil droopy so its a good exercise that tones all over.
bought some lil weights today as well so i can start to tone as i loose! what exercise is everyone else doing?

I use a Dyna Band For my arms and shoulders and walk or just started to swim for the rest
Swimming was great as after about 1/2 hour we where the only ones in the pool
Good luck to you

Well done Bryan. I hope you didn't frighten everyone away after 1/2 hour. ;-)

I couldn't swim until about 10 years ago when I decided I wanted to be able to before I reached 50. I did a 1 week holiday at a swimming school near Exeter. It was really good learning every day with a similar group of water-phobes. Managed to learn except how to swim and breath at the same time. Unfortunately I haven't had the courage to keep it up. Would like to get back into it though.

I have the ability to just relax lying on my back and I just float, even to a point where I actually fell asleep while on holiday. Unfortunatly my dear brother spotted me and got all the kids (about 20 in all) to jump in on and around me. We all got told off (well I think that's what the lifeguard was saying) but it was all good fun
Going swimming again tomorrow pm and looking forward to it

Great Brian, I'm 3 months post op & went for my first swim at the weekend, I have to admit I was terrified, i'm glad I braved it, it was a great feeling, I swam a bit & relaxed the rest of the time. Hope you enjoy it again tomorrow.

Bunny x

Back